Call for a moderator of REC.WOODWORK

Mike,

You seem to have some juxtapositional God issues, passing out blessing in the name of God like some apostle.

I have to say: NICE troll! Seems to have struck the nerve you aimed at! I can't wait for your next driveling troll bait.

Myx

Reply to
Myxylplyk

Fortunately. :-)

Consider instead Mother Teresa, Pope John Paul II, or Billy Graham, and one might get the opposite impression.

Doug Miller

You know, I was asked that by another person just the other day. I'll give you the same answer I gave him. I prefer to think of myself as a Primitive Animist. I have nothing against Wiccans, but I prefer not to be tied down to a dogma. Besides this view of the world can be argued on a specious scientific basis rather than on leaps of faith. ;-) Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

Addendum, I do have an in-law who died at Salem. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

Do they weigh the same as a duck?

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

What makes you think they'll be there?

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Or not. All three of those are or were driven people, which sometimes make them less than a joy to be around.

Charlie Self "Why isn't there a special name for the tops of your feet?" Lily Tomlin

Charlie Self

The ones I've seen don't even walk like one. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

The _actual_ standard is DASH-DASH-SPACE on a line with -nothing- else, as the delimiter for the start of the signature. The trailing 'space'

*IS* important to most newsreader software.
Reply to
Robert Bonomi

The only reason I want to go to heaven is that I figger it'll be less crowded.

Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret) Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet Website:

Tom Watson

No lawyers or politicians either.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

Wood Butcher responds:

Damned few preachers and priests, either.

Charlie Self "Why isn't there a special name for the tops of your feet?" Lily Tomlin

Charlie Self

She prolly thought you said "reincarcerated".

Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret) Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet Website:

Tom Watson

I got a pickup truck!!!

Reply to
Jerry Gilreath

Hi, Peter,

If I can remember my Hamish Imlach, he had something to say on that score in "The Derry and Cumberland Boys":-

The Derry Boys are Roman Catholics Tae the Mass they've been once or twice, And Parkheid is their new Jerusalem, And Jock Stein's their latter-day Christ.

The Cumbie boys are devout Christians, They're awfy religious ye see, Their language it too is religious: "Oh ma Goad", "Jesus Christ", "FTP!"

When asked what they think o religion They'll say "Aw religions aw right" But these guys are only religious When they want an excuse for a fight

So don't wear a green scarf in Brigton Or a blue scarf in Cumberland Street Unless yer name's Mohammed Ali, Or yer helluva quick on yer feet!

I'd agree that a lot of it is simply tribal, but, equally, a lot of it in NI is down to organised crime - the Godfathers on both sides are doing quite nicely out of the Troubles. Nocht tae dae wi' releegion or Freedum Frae The Saxon Oppressor at a'.

For our friends in the US, remember that last bit when someone shaking a collection tin in a bar asks you to contribute to NORAID or the UVF....

< jock rock and political rant mode off>

Cheers

Frank

Reply to
Frank McVey

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:41:52 -0800, "codepath" brought forth from the murky depths:

Mmmmm, tastes like Wiccan!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Whether anyone agrees or not, it doesn't work that way. It's been too many years since I read up on the intricacies of newsgroup creation and whatnot, but to the best of my knowledge, the most you could hope to achieve would be the creation of a new, separate group. Something like rec.crafts.woodworking.moderated.

As to whether or not that's a worthy goal, moderated newsgroups pretty much universally suck. Something about moderation takes the life out of a crowd faster than any number of trolls. For proof, find any pair of newsgroups where there's a moderated and an unmoderated version. Read them both for a bit and see for yourself. Every time I've done this in the past, I've always wound up staying with the unmoderated group and dialing up my squelch.

Reply to
Silvan

Let's see-

Martin Luther King Desmond Tutu Mother Theresa

Yeah, they might annoy you when the time comes.

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall

Have you ever met a duck that weighed 200 pounds?

Reply to
Silvan

What wood was it made from?

Geez... Doesn't anyone 'round here watch Python?

;-)

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone