Subject Author Posted Replies

hf chainsaw
back to the drawing board for the electric saw they only have 40v lithium or 42cc gas and a gift card for the electric trade in seemed a very reasonable solution

Weird Pipe Found Buried in Yard
I'm getting ready to build a "Florida Room" on the back of our house. I'm clearing out some bushes and plants to make way for the addition. I found a 1.5" sch.40 PVC pipe running straight away from...
124
124

clt cross laminated timber
what is old is new again we always call them gluelams but never constructed the entire thing from them and gluelams were not laminated perpendicular they can put up buildings very fast using clts as...

Ah, now I 'know' what I am after, regardng child safe finishes
Greetings all Last night I mentioned to Her the results I have gotten, and she was less than thrilled. As a Early Childhood Education Professional, She knows _of_ a specific finish/coating for use on...
3
3

Looking for Child / Toddler safe finishes
Looking for some "toddler safe" finishes for some wood working. By "toddler safe" I don't mean that this is safe for a kid to apply, but is not going to be toxic if a kid sticks the finished piece in...
11
11

Has anyone tried using EMT with pipe clamps?
I had thought about something similar one time. Use short stubs of black pipe with the clamps. Install "T"'s on the threaded ends, then street elbows to EMT or other pipe so the system will extend...
34
34

Speaking Of Clamps - Jet Cabinet Set, $200?
Where do Jet clamps rank? This set is $260 on Amazon, $200 on my local Craigslist. The blocks are shown in the CL listing, no mention of the bench dogs. "Great shape, not all covered in glue"
21
21

iGaging Squares - Is Anybody Familiar With That Brand?
As anyone heard of a company called iGaging? That set of three engineers squares for $30 seems interesting but not if they're crap, of course. Square Sets | Quality squares
6
6

mixing toner problem
I need to tone a pair of doors. If possible, I would like to match them to another set that will be nearby. The first set was done with the following schedule. 1. Spray a coat of shellac so the grain...
4
4

Lowes extended warranty
A little over 3 years ago I bought a combo pack Porter Cable drill and impact driver with 2 batteries, a smart charger and a 3 year warranty on the tools and batteries. I also purchased an extended...

Rockler 4-Way Panel Clamps 54% Off
So, you've used all three types and still prefer the Bessy. If I had a bunch of pipe clamps, I suspect I wouldn't be getting these 4-ways. The price is so low on these, I had to bite. The cauls being...
16
16

Guitars and Wood Working integrated.
Was double verifying Nut replacement on the neck for a Fender strat. One old codger who has been a luthier of years mentioned that he used a dab of Shellac on the neck instead of Glue, especially the...
6
6

Bessey parallel clamps at The Borg
Just for interest... I noticed that the Borg had reduced the price on Bessey K-body clamps. $35 for 24", $40 for 50" clamps. That's at least $10 less than I've seen elsewhere and a *lot* less than...
2
2

Bota house build
I have a house on a small lake. A seawall of poured concrete 8 inches thick keeps the dirt in place and when it was installed a boat slip approx. 16' X 14' was made. I want to cover the slip with a...

Uber/Lyft For Tools
If the Pro questionnaire I received from Home Depot this morning is any indication, be prepared to see some sort of co-op tool rental app come down the pike in the near future. I've considered this...
1
1