Lowes extended warranty

A little over 3 years ago I bought a combo pack Porter Cable drill and impact driver with 2 batteries, a smart charger and a 3 year warranty on the tools and batteries. I also purchased an extended warranty that cover the tools and batteries for 2 years past the manufactures warranty.

The impact driver which I had no idea that I would use very often has turned out to be the tool I have used the most.

Last week the impact driver died so after finding the original sales receipt on My Lowes account along with the extended warranty purchase I drove to Lowes. The line at customer service wasn't very long but it still took 45 minutes for the clerk to get to me. She looked at my documentation and went off to check with somebody about something. When she returned she advised that they no longer actually support the extended warranties but that Porter Cable would handle it for me so I should box everything up and ship it to them. She also provided me with a phone number and an address.

Made no sense to me so I moved out of the way and called Porter Cable. They said just what I expected, no way will they deal with an extended warranty, that is a Lowes warranty.

Back to the desk where I report what Porter Cable said and pointed out to the clerk, once again, that the warranty papers clearly says Lowes Extended Warranty at the top. Off she goes to see somebody.

10 minutes or so later she returns and gives me my money back on the original purchase.

I go to buy another combo pack and find that they don't have one in stock but the higher priced pack is on sale for what I just received in refund.

I also bought an other extended warranty for $24. With any luck this will last for just beyond the manufactures warranty and I will buy another combo pack with another Lowes refund.

Reply to
swalker