Subject Author Posted Replies

OT NHS
Michael Heaver - YouTube
10

Lidl Meradiso foam mattress
Lidl have some attractively priced foam mattresses in currently. Has anyone any experience of them?

Things flying into your eyelid
How come your eyelid can close in time to stop a bit of workpiece hitting your eyeball, yet you aren't aware of seeing it coming towards you?
11
11

R. Cott. 21
Screeding, underfloor heating pipes and wet room decisions approach... Floor heating design shows pipes laid across the whole area which will need a bit of juggling to accommodate the shower waste....
4
4

Is there such a zip tie?
I'm looking for a variation on your standard zip tie where the tie is a two piece affair. First piece has a flat head like a washer and has the long t ie strip projecting centrally from it. The other...
8
8

OT: Going off-grid and using an electric car to power house.
Lets assume EDF get nasty and cut off people refusing to take a 'smart' meter. Would it be possible to survive totally off-grid with just solar PV on a south-facing, 37 degree pitch roof on a house in...
22
22

2 for £1.50 doesn't work
I wanted 3 of something. No more than 3 or they'd go off. But they were on sale cheaper if you bought 2. So I only got 2. Wasn't the idea to make me buy more?
16
16

Re: OT: Come on guys, learn how to use your phone
It's not a loop unless the camera is connected to a live TV display. Then it goes nuts.

Re: I'm surrounded by incompetants!
That's one of the stupid rules with parking. If someone is delivering to a resident, they should be able to park in a resident bay.

Re: Come on guys, learn how to use your phone
Then there is the joy of seeing what you looked like from arms lenght 3 seconds previously.......
8
8

Disabling speaker-muting in headphone jack?
Can it be easily done? I don't know how those sockets work, but here's my issue... I have a pair of panel speakers in my shower which were driven by a built- in radio/amp which has long since expired....
10
10

Cooker control knob - quick question about tightening up
In message , David writes Could you create a burr on the shaft? Probably difficult if the shaft is still attached to the cooker. Loctite make something that is designed to stick, but not be completely...
14
14

TV Aerial Cable
The "drip loop" at the bottom of my mast shows signs of having been attacked by birds or sunlight and I need a new cable. Am I safe to assume that putting some of that spiral cable tidy type stuff...
4
4

Any recommendations for a roofer in N London please
I can obviously look on the review sites, but I wondered whether anyone can recommend any roofers, please? N London.
2
2

Plastic heating oil tank ruptured 2 days after fill up and very hot weather.
A few weeks ago we had a scheduled heating oil delivery to fill our tank, 2 days later I could smell fuel and saw dripping oil. The oil delivery company came very quickly and arranged another company...
3
3