R. Cott. 21

Screeding, underfloor heating pipes and wet room decisions approach...

Floor heating design shows pipes laid across the whole area which will need a bit of juggling to accommodate the shower waste.

The tile showrooms offer various sizes of pre-formed trays at moderately exorbitant prices. With dry screed I imagine a skilled screeder could create the falls within the tolerances needed for tiling.

My other surprise is that the *tanking membrane* is actually a cement based roll on mix rather than the expected plastic sheet.

I know Tim posted his experiences with setting out his wetroom but is there any other helpful experience in here?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Haven't read all the previous stuff, but we bought a pre-formed wet room tray which works well, but we forgot to put a slight slope on the rest of the floor so if water gets outside the tray it can go more or less anywhere.

We had a wood floor with the tray, then a waterproof flooring material (tanking membrane) over everything and up the walls to skirting height. This was a plastic (or similar) sheet.

Apart from the lack of slope on the main floor everything seems good.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

I have looked at those. I'd like to put slopes on the entire room which is only 2.25x1.6m. Pre-formed trays don't seem to go that big.

Also the tile showroom kit had a very low quality waste trap which frightened me a bit. Might be OK for a boarded 2nd floor job where you have some chance of future access.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

big mistake.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Would also suggest using a straight down type shower head, a handholdable type in a wetroom is asking for trouble. DAMHIKTs.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr