R. Cott. 22

Pipe insulation.

Suggested securing method for non self adhesive polyethylene foam sleeves is cable ties!

Accessibility, age/eyesight and unsightlyness set me looking for a reliable alternative.

Any experience of using duct tape for this job? Some of these pipes will be run in inaccessible, cold soffit spaces.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I've used duct tape - when I ran out of ties :) Ties are much simpler to wrap around and fasten IME.

Reply to
Mark Allread

If you want it to stay on use the cable ties.

Reply to
dennis

I've used aluminium duct tape over CH pipes that seems to have stayed stuck but with inaccessible I'd put cable ties over that. And probably still lie awake wondering if I'd been paranoid enough :(

Reply to
Robin

You could use metal ties for extra security.

Reply to
Davey

You could put spiral cable wrap over it but stuff that big isn't cheap.

Reply to
dennis

And if they are out of sight, does it matter what they look like. One thing though is that it appears all cable ties are not created equal when it comes to being out in hot and cold weather. Some of the cheap pound shop pack ones seem to go brittle and fall to bits in a year. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , Brian Gaff writes

OK chaps. Decent cable ties for the cold inaccessible runs and duct tape for the warm space get attable:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb