Door Mirror - Fiat 500 L

Son in Law has had his door mirror damaged and had an attempt at glueing it.

I saw it last night and realise all seems okay other than something is missing that connects the base part to the mirror head.

There is a "ratchet type" hub location on each part but there is no central spindle or whatever to pull it together.

I am guessing it must have been some sort of tension spring arrangement - but it is missing.

Has anyone any idea for a fix. A new mirror is a bit costly and this is all looking good except for a missing "link"

Reply to
DerbyBorn