R. Cott. 26

Right. Floor heating pipe ready for screeders!
Next issue is fixed load (kitchen units) on 18mm chip over 40mm PIR foam. The heating system suppliers recommend stiffening the floor (insert suitable batten) where the load will bear. Kitchen designers pooh pooh this as unnecessary. The kitchen units are on site so not impossible to measure. Not actually feet but a circular bearer near each corner of a 600mm unit.
Any thoughts?
--
Tim Lamb

Scrub that last bit. I think it will have normal screw in feet!

--
Tim Lamb

Tim Lamb wrote:

This sort of thing?
<https://screwfix.com/p/kitchen-plinth-feet/36145
Given that they manage not to dig in to the 18mm weetabix of cabinets, why would they dig in to an 18mm weetabix floor?

Similar.

Well.. the cabinet feet are positioned near the corners so have some rigidity provided by the sides. The floor is supported uniformly. To be fair, the designers were probably assuming expanded polystyrene rather than PIR but I'm not sure there is much difference.

--
Tim Lamb

On 08/10/2017 19:30, Tim Lamb wrote:

Straight on to chip? Not vinyl or tile?

Prolly vinyl. Definitely not ceramic tile. Boss wants some fancy long length parquet she saw in Paris! I want something that will conduct heat reasonably well after it has struggled through the chip.
--
Tim Lamb