R. Cott. 26

Right. Floor heating pipe ready for screeders!

Next issue is fixed load (kitchen units) on 18mm chip over 40mm PIR foam. The heating system suppliers recommend stiffening the floor (insert suitable batten) where the load will bear. Kitchen designers pooh pooh this as unnecessary. The kitchen units are on site so not impossible to measure. Not actually feet but a circular bearer near each corner of a

600mm unit.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , Tim Lamb writes

Scrub that last bit. I think it will have normal screw in feet!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Given that they manage not to dig in to the 18mm weetabix of cabinets, why would they dig in to an 18mm weetabix floor?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Straight on to chip? Not vinyl or tile?

Reply to
newshound

Similar.

Well.. the cabinet feet are positioned near the corners so have some rigidity provided by the sides. The floor is supported uniformly. To be fair, the designers were probably assuming expanded polystyrene rather than PIR but I'm not sure there is much difference.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Prolly vinyl. Definitely not ceramic tile. Boss wants some fancy long length parquet she saw in Paris! I want something that will conduct heat reasonably well after it has struggled through the chip.

Reply to
Tim Lamb