R. Cott. 13

Slightly surprised to discover that chip board from different manufacturers/vintages does not fit together:-(

Plan is to square the edges, cut slots and fit a plywood tongue.

Next issue is sourcing the inlet and exit grills for the bathroom extract. I have purchased a Manrose fan but didn't want the integrated ceiling light so didn't buy the kit. Cold loft area so I need to insulate the duct anyway. Exterior is going on white uPVC cladding. Suggested sources?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

the thin chip left behind after slotting will be weak. Why do it.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Because that is how it is done,very common, sometimes with plastic tongue for flooring.

F Murtz

Because there isn't always a convenient supporting joist and the joint will be glued. An alternative might be a half lap.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

An alternative is to screw them down and fill the gaps with a suitably stiff sealant.

Reply to
Roger Hayter