R. Cott. 29

For various reasons I have ended up with 3 incoming mains water feeds. Rather than fit lots of pressure regulators, is there any reason why I cant fit one on the house side of the water meter?

25mm blue poly but there are 3.4" BSP versions and pipe adaptors.
Reply to
Tim Lamb

I recommend the Caleffi series:

I tried mine with the outlet direct into a bucket, 22mm, at around 3-4 bar and it did not seem to restrict water flow (got 50l/m).

Obviously a lower pressure will eventually drop the flow rate once into yards of ongoing pipework, but it was nice to know the PRV was not acting as a significant bottleneck.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Nice.

The main run before Teeing off is about 20m. I had not considered pipe flow losses though so perhaps this is not such a good idea. Fresh water to kitchen sink does not need one anyway.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Depends on what your out going pressure will be set to.

3-4 bar still moves quite a lot of water through a longish bit of 15mm pipe without being annoying like 7.5 bar is (eg vicious splashback from the sink due to tap acting like a pressure washer :)
Reply to
Tim Watts