Subject Author Posted Replies

Network cabinet - fire mitigation
I'm looking to site a small 19" network cabinet in my attic space, near the main ELV cable tray. It will contain some running equipment - PoE network switch, IP Cam recorder, UniFi Wifi controller....
13
13

Howdens nonsense
I'm now too old and unfit to bother with the aggro of fitting my own kitchen to save a couple of grand So I am seeking the help of a professional fitter to do it And (apart from the shops selling...
32
32

Source of clear plastic 100mm tube?
I'm about to update my dust extraction system and would prefer to use clear pipe, rather than soil pipe, so I can see any hang-ups or blockages - are there any sources of 1 or 2 m lengths at a...
18
18

Black is REALLY Black
On BBC Breakfast this morning there was an article about a new material that was black and that absorbed over 99.8% of light (I can't remember it's name), but the comment was made that it's more...
8
8

Sale of Goods - Bathroom refit
In May 2014 I had a totally new bathroom refit - bought from and totally fitted by B&Q. A ladder radiator has started going rusty under the rungs - quite bad in places. I don't know why - there has...
20
20

Tool store rental
The Man Cave project is going ahead. Phase 1 is to demolish the existing garden shed & garage. Which means I need somewhere to put the lawnmower & other garden tools I'll need as the weather gets...
13
13

R. Cott. 29
For various reasons I have ended up with 3 incoming mains water feeds. Rather than fit lots of pressure regulators, is there any reason why I cant fit one on the house side of the water meter? 25mm...
3
3

DOS based CD-Writer software ?
OK wrong forum I know but there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum :) I need some software that will run under DOS 6.22 that will allow me to copy files to a CD/DVD-ROM Drive. This is on...
74
74

Side Cutters recommendation please
I have some electrical side cutters but they're damaged at the end, got a lot of wiring to do so this time wont buy the cheapest, on ebay they range from £2 to £25, advice please...
15
15

Air conditioning
Looking at the sleet showers outside, it's obviously time to start The Next Big Thing; installing a split air conditioner in our bedroom, to replace the monobloc which went "Bang!" (well, silence and...
13
13

OT [Slightly] Ipad Air replacement
Hi The Ipad is a little long in the tooth and I find it's inflexibility coupled with the inability of the inbuilt keypad to respond in poor lighting, frustrating. I need something similar, but without...
27
27

Radio 4x: Daniel is willing to tear his beautiful house apart to create the right decor for Frances.
Radio 4x now D-I-Y by Hattie Naylor The Songs That Houses SingEpisode 1 of 4 Daniel is willing to tear his beautiful house apart to create the right decor for Frances. But the harder he works, the...
1
1

Rotting dishwasher rack
No, I've not had seen the problem.
30
30

Nice silicone job
Brand new sink in a gents toilet at a pub that is supposed to open tomorrow. File:Sj1.jpg - DIYWiki File:Sj2.jpg - DIYWiki File:Sj3.jpg - DIYWiki
23
23

What's he done to it?
Years ago, I bought a cheap hand mitre saw. It looks a bit like this one. Until recently, it has always cut square and surprisingly accurately. Then my son borrowed it. Now, the blade twists, and I...
11
11