Subject Author Posted Replies

Did extension cable
Hi guys I'm needing an extension lead as my old 1 from years back is lookin tired and old. I have plenty 1.5mm & 2.5mm grey twin & earth left over from previous property. We are in a rented property...
13
13

Bleach in a bath
The plastic splash strip under the glass (?) door of our over the bath shower is looking a bit manky. I have tried to clean it with limit success. I would like to soak it with Domestos in the bath. I...
33
33

One here Pounder will love
This is the dramatic moment a cyclist is sent flying after he collides with a car, that was turning into a police station in Dublin. The cyclist smacks into the passenger door of a Toyota.
12
12

Crowbar design
Most crowbars are like this, and utterly useless, the long end is always in the way of a wall: Let's say you're trying to remove a nail from near a corner on a ceiling, you try to hook the short end...
10
10

Floor tiles - to seal or not to seal ?
Next job in the never ending book is tiling the floor of the front extension (finished screed at the moment) and continuing along the old hall and into the shower room which are/were Khars engineered...

Country lanes - no curbs
Was thiunking as I drove along a lane with deep ruts where the tarmac met the grass - and wondering what damage it may have done to the vehicle - that such lanes are a problem - the tarmak crumbles at...
152
152

Multi Tool suitability for electrical back box installation
Hello, I am about to refurbish a 1960's flat. Walls therefore are plaster on masonry (brick) and I intend to install 8 "new" double sockets so will need to recess that number of steel back boxes. Not...
50
50

Replacing an oil CH boiler myself?
I did a Camray oil boiler installation myself over 20 years ago, and have t wice had to rebuild the baffle plates, successfully in that the last re-bui ld was some 5 years ago, but the machine is...
11
11

Ladders
Having moved into the previously mentioned barn conversion, I now find my step ladder is too short and my extending ladder is too long. I need to be able to get on the roof, into the "loft" and up...
25
25

Brennan B2 and Raspberry Pi
A friend has bought one of these Brennan devices that records all your CD's to a 2TB hard drive. I've been trying to help him with it, first by going to his house and getting it to work at all, then...
40
40

SHower hose screw thread?
Diolch yn fawr, Owain. Die ordered from Tracy Tools.
6
6

TIP - Fix a liquid spray bottle
I tend to save a few of the cheap cleaner squirty bottles, to re-purpose these for spraying thin oil and even water to spray cool a weld down. Trouble is they soon seem to fail to spray. Problem -...
17
17

Identify Pressure washer fitting
I have an old KEW Hobby 88 pressure washer A few years back lent it to a friend, came back with broken female fitting ... as KEW are no more replaced the hose. The company Valetech (Manchester)...
10
10

OT: Car making spurious noise
Ford Focus 1.8 2010. I've had the car several years and had a longish run 120miles each way a couple of Saturday's ago. Just before I got home (it was a day that had chucked it down, moreso in the...
9
9

Aluminium tube redux
Some of you may recall me asking about tubing for vacuuming out the spider webs in my vaulted ceilings. Picked up a 5M length of 40MM waste pipe from Screwfix yesterday and as I hoped, it fits on the...
2
2