Brennan's Bakery

Amazing blatant product placement on Mrs Brown.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

On a quiz on the bbc local radio, people have to guess what a guest does for a living by Limited questioning. After the quiz ends if the guest does run a company or has a websit for their services they get to give it on air and talk about what they do.

The BBC are tentatively also getting back into prize giving.They are being careful to use electronically approved random number devices for selecting callers though and mentioning lots of terms and conditions, which apparently is on their web site. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message <q0i0dl$rm0$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Brian Gaff snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk> writes

Crikey. Eamonn Andrews, Gilbert Harding, Katie Boyle, Barbara Kelly and Co.

Reply to
Graeme

Sagger maker's bottom knocker.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They?ve got to find something to make the crock of s**te viewable.

Anyhow there are people who object to the compulsory purchase aspect of the licence system to fund the BBC and ask for it to be more commercial. Such things could very well become normal if it goes further down that road and has to be funded by other means.

I wouldn?t be surprised that within the Tories filing cabinets there is a plan to sell or franchise the BBC off to the highest bidder which could mean someone like the Fox group gets it ,the BBC would be worth millions and for a while wouldn?t be seen as tainted in some markets until the audience realise it had become a mouthpiece for vested US interests.

Promoting an Irish bakery that is barely known about to a UK audience many of whom probably think it was more there to emphasise the Irishness of the programme than convert them from Hovis would be lost in the noise.

GH

Reply to
Marland

Sagger maker's bottom knocker's assistant

Reply to
Chris Green

Saggar, usually,

Reply to
Roger Hayter

... and wan't it "Lady Isobel Barnet" not Katie Boyle?

Reply to
Chris Green

Certainly the former although I can't remember what the latter did.

Reply to
Tim Streater

*Barnett

Katie Boyle was N-way Family Favourites.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I should think the product placement was to target to Irish viewers.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Bill Wright explained :

Have they started showing a brand new series of Mrs Brown?

I must have missed it through trying to avoid all the repeats..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I avoid it altogether as it's tedious s**te

Reply to
Andy Burns

shocking...and filmed in glasgow as well ...

Reply to
Binkie Huckaback ...

I found Duff bear in Lidl ....

Reply to
Binkie Huckaback ...

the poofs are a good laugh.....

Reply to
Binkie Huckaback ...

Not a show I watch. Was it part of a gag, or simply mentioned as placement?

Using a real product or business as part of a gag makes it rather more funny, than a made up one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message snipped-for-privacy@esprimo.zbmc.eu>, Chris Green snipped-for-privacy@isbd.net writes

Both, according to Wikipedia.

The host (called "chairman") on the premiere was Gilbert Harding, who was replaced by Eamonn Andrews for the remainder of the run. Regular panelists included Harding, Isobel Barnett, Barbara Kelly, David Nixon and Cyril Fletcher, while Katie Boyle, Jerry Desmonde, Ghislaine Alexander, Marghanita Laski, Frances Day and Elizabeth Allan were among the others.

Reply to
Graeme

somehow so have I though not consciously...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's usually Barry's Tea they plug in that show.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom