Monday at Lidl

Thats a little gem for the price.

George

Doesn't work, Lidl web site is set up to ask for your post code before taking you anywhere, so going to the above URL just asks for my post code and then takes me to the 'front' page.

Reply to
tinnews

Interesting, it works for me. I am assuming that is because I have already gone through that process and there's a cookie with my Lidl details (nearest store etc) already done. Try entering your postcode, finding your nearest store, then exiting browser and trying the link again. Just for interest!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Once you've done that, type it in again and it works. (Maybe it doesn't if they won't have that item anywhere near your postcode?)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

How do you know it works? Because Lidl don't have the same offers nationwide, how do you know that you're seeing the item that George intended you to see? What's on offer in George's postcode area may well not be on offer in mine and vice versa.

John

Reply to
John

This is true in the sense of it sats while stocks last,meaning some stores might not have any left to sell. Angle Grinder Stand

Reply to
George

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

If you got to tinyurl.com and enable preview mode (it sets a cookie on your PC) then click the link again, the preview allows you to see the full link which, in this case, tells you what the item is.

I'm still not going to tell yoou, though ;-)

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

It's true in the sense of the original post. Not all offers are available in all stores. Why do you think Lidl say that themselves? Not too difficult, is it.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

See my reply to 'John' about preview mode.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Does this work ?

$file/08_3411_s.gifAnglegrinder stand for £7.50 or thereabouts.

Reply to
Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Pet -

wrote:
$file/08_3411_b.jpgMy mistake. £7.99

Reply to
Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk

It asks for my post code *every* time I go to the Lidl web site, it even asks me again sometimes after I've already entered it, a right old pain. I do have cookies enabled.

Reply to
tinnews

Yes, that works, though the site asks for my post code again at random intervals!

Reply to
tinnews

Problem I have is my local store is a small one - and stocks few if any of the 'specials' like this. And the store finder insists on a full postcode rather than just areas like most of London is known by. Of course once you've actually sorted this you can then get an alternative store in your area - if there is one.

Cookies for this do seem to work on on Firefox, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well, how do we know anything is for real? I tried it - it came up with a cheap angle grinder stand. I assumed that was what he meant. This is a DIY newsgroup, we're not entering into a contract with each other or anything. Good enough for me, especially on a sunny Friday! Chill!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Indeed, blind links without any kind of explanation are (one of) my least favourite things on usenet.

Reply to
fred

But that's the whole point, isn't it? The link will come up with an angle grinder stand (as it does in my postcode area) if your local store has an angle grinder stand on offer, but in another postcode area it may show a lawn mower or summat else. You can't "assume" that an angle grinder stand is what George was telling us about.

I'm nicely chilled, thank you, but my question is still valid.

John

Reply to
John

If you could be bothered, you will see that the full link

includes the phrase "Angle_Grinder". I think you can be reasonably sure of what it points to, unless Lidl are taking the piss.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q