Where to get play sand cheap?

Sold as play sand in bags it's about £0.15/kg which works out expensive for a decent quantity. Any suggestions where to get reasonably priced? Is it actually silver sand or something one can get by the tonne bag?
--
John Stumbles

The clairvoyants' meeting has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.

Yes. People (especially those who sell the small bags) mumble about specially clean etc., etc., but it's all a load of b*ll*cks really. I went to the local sand and gravel pit and loaded up with half a trailer of silver sand and it was dirt cheap compared with the bags. Perfect for the sand pit.
--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Jewsons will sell you it and deliver it
--
A T (Sandy) Morton
on the Bicycle Island

circumstances.
(Inquisitive mind on)
Can you get fined for taking say a ton of sand from a beach? wonder if it falls into an offshore scenario?

Yes.
George wrote:

I've put builders sand in my children's sandpit before now. They don't seem to mind, but it can stain the clothes.

It is theft, either from the owner of the foreshore or the Crown, depending upon whether you take it from above or below the high water mark, so can carry a prison sentence, not just a fine.
Colin Bignell