Change Shoe Colour

The SO has just come back from shopping and has bought a pair of shoes in dark brown. We were discussing them and agreed that they would be better in black. Apparently they were the only pair though etc etc.

Anyway, I seem to remember that if you polish brown shoes with black polish they go black or at least darken to the point where you can't tell the difference. Can someone confirm this or maybe tell me some other way to do it?

Thanks Graham

Reply to
doozer

mrs RT used dylon shoe paint on a pair of new boots. they were brown and she wanted them black, I cautioned against it saying she'd ruin them but I was proved wrong, they look fine.

check the dylon website for more specific advice

RT

Reply to
[news]

================= Look in your local cobblers for 'Tuxan' shoe dye.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

I caution you to let them air fully before weaaring them in company. The odour is very strong, as I found to my cost many years ago.

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

You wear your wife's shoes???

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Graham

Are you familiar with the expression " dicing with death"?

It's a trap - don't get involved!

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Only the ones that match my dress

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

Oh of course! I'd forgotten about The Dress, how could I?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

A question for Doctor Drivel. He has a fixation about yellow De Walt boots even although they are black. And must know about dying things for his tango dancing in tutus.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)