The Railway Children

Just watching it on the telly. The boy's voice doesn't suit him. Have they dubbed on a younger voice? Did his voice break during filming?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

don't know but they had to bind the wee blond bints t*ts flat ........

Reply to
Binkie Huckaback ...

A bit later on now and his voice became credible and in sync with his lips, then seemed to be dubbed again.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

The bit where there's a landslide, he's very shrill. He's higher than the little girl.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Possible, as he was 16 when the film was released.

Well she was 20 and 'more' legal than Jenny Agutter, who uncharacteristically kept her kit on.

Reply to
Max Demian

Apparently Lionel Jeffries banned Jenny Agutter and Sally Thomsett from going out to nightclubs etc or to be seen/photographed next to "adult" things like their cars, in order to perpetuate the illusion that the actresses were the same age as their characters. Just after Lionel Jeffries died, I heard a tribute from Jenny Agutter and she recounted how she and Sally sneaked out to a nightclub some distance away from the Keighley/Howarth area one evening after finishing a day's filming, and they'd only been there a few minutes when Lionel tapped them on the shoulder and ordered them to go home - apparently he was very genial about it, and treated it as a big joke, but was still implacable in his ruling.

Reply to
NY

Mhhmm toothy Sally... Anyone got a link to the stills of her smoking on set or driving her sports car about?

Reply to
soup

:-)

Reply to
ARW

Indeed. She certainly had them about three years before that when I met her (I worked for her dad).

Reply to
Bob Eager

She had a blue Mini when I knew her...

Reply to
Bob Eager

is that what smoking does to you .....

Binkie Huckaback ...

Binkie Huckaback ...

Binkie Huckaback ...

Very dodgy looking landslide ISTR

Reply to
harry

As I recall thinking at the time when the film came out...

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

totly

Reply to
Binkie Huckaback ...

Turns you into an old woman?

Reply to
ARW

OK, so she's aged. We all do. But WTF are those huge dents in the bridge of her nose? Has someone clamped it in a mole grip... and squeezed hard? Or are her glasses just too tight?

Reply to
NY

Well, she is 68!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Bob Eager explained :

Even so, she looks much, much older than 68..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield