Subject Author Posted Replies

Fixing gate to concrete post
Sounds difficult. It depends on how heavy and big your gates are but these MIGHT be of some use if it's a very light gate?...
3
3

Took the guard off my big strimmer
It's much better. I can get it into all sorts of corners and even on open ground it's much faster. First time out I got a broken ankle from a half-brick and a mouth full of dog shit, but hey, it was...
15
15

Karcher pressure washer
Mine went wrong. Gave the impression that it was dead, electrically. Googled it. Turns out they get an air lock that stops the motor running. You have to take the pressure hose off and clear the input...

Cheap LAN tester
Just after a cheap one for when I have not got the works proper one. were the first two I could find. Any other suggestions are welcome. I have no problems with paying a bit more for a better one if...
37
37

Security Alarms Advice - wired or wireless?
Hi Folks, Looking for some advice around selecting a security alarm specifically around whether to go wireless or wired... Most companies that have quoted for me have advised wireless although the...
7
7

This magical day
One can't help wondering how the sewage system will cope with an extra 200K vagrants. The BBC should at least have a camera crew down the main sewer, with Naga Munchetti presenting perhaps.
28
28

Batteries in Dashcams
I have a couple of dashcams, both of which have internal batteries. Both have worked well and neither has, as predicted online, exploded in the sun. Both vehicles have permanently on cigar lighter...
4
4

OT: Avoiding Amazon - fail
Sometimes an identical item purchase can be bought cheaper from eBay than Amazon, especially if not signed up with their (yuk) prime, when eBay free postage has the advantage, even if the item cost is...
7
7

Paperback book glue.
Here's a no doubt silly question :-) I find that I can hardly open some of my older books now without the spine cracking, and a few pages falling out. I was just wondering if there's anything that can...
24
24

Fixing a downpipe to tiles
I have a rainwater downpipe which comes down from a gutter and discharges onto a sloping tiled roof below a dormer window. At the bottom edge of the roof is another gutter with, naturally enough, its...
4
4

New MOT test coming in.
An MOT is your car's annual health check. But who needs one and how do you find out when yours is due? Set up a reminder with Uswitch. An MOT is your car's annual health check. But who needs one and...
43
43

OT: Taxidermy and pets
Why?! Why would you want your beloved pet sat dead in front of you? Some pet owners opt for preserving their pets to have them around forever.
22
22

Anti Pollution Fault - Car Error Message
Hi I have a Peugeot 207 2009 1.6 Diesel that's done about 128,000 miles. It just passed its MoT today with normal results for emissions. After about 20 miles (30-70 mph) it lost power and the message...
16
16

Another top tip
If this bloke asks you for some work doing or wishes to purchase sometime from you tell him to go fuck himself. And it's no wonder the "mayo" was added to the his burger.
1
1

Fixing Cistern to the Wall
I've come to fix my close coupled toilet to the wall but realised (rookie error) the boxed in bit where the waste pipe runs prevents me from attaching to the wall. Big gap almost 4 inches between...
7
7