OT: Taxidermy and pets

Why?! Why would you want your beloved pet sat dead in front of you?
https://abcnews.go.com/US/grieving-pet-owners-opt-stuffing-freezing-drying-deceased/story?id 022869
--
A car hit an elderly Jewish man. The paramedic says, "Are you comfortable?" The man says, "I make a good living."

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Pillock.

Your sig is sposed to have a line with just --<space> on it in front of it.
On 05/17/2018 02:03 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

When I was a kid a friend's grandmother had Fluffy stuffed. Old Fluffer was curled up in the corner of the living room. I thought the mutt just slept a lot until Jay let me in on the secret. The old girl didn't move too much more than the dog but she did speak occasionally. In Irish, generally. It was an odd family.

All Irish are odd.
--
How do you play Iraqi bingo?
B-52...F-16...B-2
On 05/17/2018 07:35 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

At least the Irish don't eat a sheep's gut stuffed with other random parts of the sheep.

Very few Scots do that, also very few wear skirts anymore.
--
Definition of a secretary:
An office fixture that isn't permanent until it's been screwed on the boss's desk.
On 05/18/2018 05:08 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I've got a friend who does both occasionally. Otherwise he is sane except for the Star wars thing... According to Tacitus, my forebears figured out how to make jeans when the Romans were still running around in skirts, and the cuisine runs more to pork products and beer.

I know a few Scots who will wear kilts, but only at weddings, and only the weird ones.
--
Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up every two hours?

On 05/18/2018 07:56 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

They tend to come out of the closet for Robert Burns Day and the annual Celtic Games. Then there is the Celtic Dragon pipe band who will play at the drop of a hat. I try to avoid them. A little bit of marching bagpipers goes a long way.
Some people wear Utilikilts.
http://www.utilikilts.com/
It would be an extremely cold day in hell before I'd run a snow blower in a skirt...

Wimp.
--
"A life without danger is a life not worth living" -- Moist von Lipwig

On 05/18/2018 05:41 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

If you want to run your dangling bits through the auger, have at it.

A snowblower doesn't have an auger.
--
Mary had a little skirt
With slits right up the sides
On 05/19/2018 06:02 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

https://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-remove-a-snowblower-auger
What is a British snowblower? A Scot with an Irish banjo?
(Obscure US jargon Irish banjo: a short D-handled shovel)

Never used one, I assumed they were just big leafblowers. So they're not really blowers then, they actually cut it up first.
In Scotland we don't get much snow, when we do we ether use a shovel, drive through it, or just wait till it melts. Some people take great pride in clearing a path from their front door to the road. Fuck knows why as it takes them a couple of hours, but it takes me 30 seconds to just wade through it. It'll melt in a week anyway.
--
"You seem to have a cracked vertebrae." the Emergency Room doctor told the high school aged boy. "What happened?"
"Well, you see," the teenager replied, "I was kissing my girl good-night and damned if her brother didn't come out the back door and step right in the middle of my back."
On 05/19/2018 12:35 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

When you've got a foot or two of snow, a leaf blower doesn't help.

Around here it doesn't melt in a week; it just accumulates. I use a shovel and start off the season by clearing well back from the driveway. Depending on the year that gives me plenty of room to build berms without busting my ass throwing snow over a 3' high wall.
I'll walk through an inch or two but it's easier to shovel 4" than wait for another 4 or 5" to fall the next day and have to shovel 9" at once.

I assumed snowblowers just had a bigger fan.

Why shovel at all? One foot falls, you drive the car out and back in, and make tracks. Another foot falls and you repeat.
--
What has four legs, is big, green, fuzzy, and if it fell out of a tree would kill you?
A pool table.

--
A highway patrolman pulled alongside a speeding car on the freeway. Glancing at the car, he was astounded to see that the blonde behind the wheel was knitting!
Realizing that she was oblivious to his flashing lights and siren, the trooper cranked down his window, turned on his bullhorn and yelled, "PULL OVER!"
On 18/05/2018 12:03, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

If your name is Norman Bates, yes.
--
Max Demian