New MOT test coming in.

https://www.uswitch.com/car-insurance/car-mot-how-to-check-mot-history-and- get-reminders/?responsys_campaign_id=uswitch.14225202&responsys_riid 75305042&responsys_launch_id270842&e_id_m
Had my MoT done yesterday. It wasn't to beat the change, as I didn't know about the change when I booked it in.
--
Andrew Gabriel

though is there in fact a new "test"
or is it just a new way of recording failures
tim
tim... wrote on 18/05/2018 :

Both..
On 18/05/2018 17:12, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

[quote] New checks The new MOT test will involve some new checks, including whether tyres are underinflated, if brake fluid has been contaminated and if brake pads or discs are missing. [/quote]
I'm sure a car without brake pads or disks would fail the existing brake efficiency tests.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On 18/05/2018 18:19, alan_m wrote:

And how are they going to know whether my kit-car's tyres are underinflated? What chart are they goign to find teh figure on?
SteveW
On Fri, 18 May 2018 00:30:18 -0700 (PDT), harry
This could be why they are exempting 40+ year vehicles per other thread.