Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Avoiding Amazon - fail
Sometimes an identical item purchase can be bought cheaper from eBay than Amazon, especially if not signed up with their (yuk) prime, when eBay free postage has the advantage, even if the item cost is...
7
7

Paperback book glue.
Here's a no doubt silly question :-) I find that I can hardly open some of my older books now without the spine cracking, and a few pages falling out. I was just wondering if there's anything that can...
24
24

Fixing a downpipe to tiles
I have a rainwater downpipe which comes down from a gutter and discharges onto a sloping tiled roof below a dormer window. At the bottom edge of the roof is another gutter with, naturally enough, its...
4
4

New MOT test coming in.
An MOT is your car's annual health check. But who needs one and how do you find out when yours is due? Set up a reminder with Uswitch. An MOT is your car's annual health check. But who needs one and...
43
43

OT: Taxidermy and pets
Why?! Why would you want your beloved pet sat dead in front of you? Some pet owners opt for preserving their pets to have them around forever.
22
22

Anti Pollution Fault - Car Error Message
Hi I have a Peugeot 207 2009 1.6 Diesel that's done about 128,000 miles. It just passed its MoT today with normal results for emissions. After about 20 miles (30-70 mph) it lost power and the message...
16
16

Another top tip
If this bloke asks you for some work doing or wishes to purchase sometime from you tell him to go fuck himself. And it's no wonder the "mayo" was added to the his burger.
1
1

Fixing Cistern to the Wall
I've come to fix my close coupled toilet to the wall but realised (rookie error) the boxed in bit where the waste pipe runs prevents me from attaching to the wall. Big gap almost 4 inches between...
7
7

Quick question - internal wall removal and building regs
I can see that removing a non-loadbearing wall internally shouldn't involve building regs. However: "If you wish to build a new internal wall, remove an internal wall, or form an opening in an...
12
12

Junction boxes in a cavity
Our builder tucked some live junction boxes into a cavity wall and has plastered over them. How much of a problem is this likely to be (if at all) and in what time frame?
9
9

Plumb Center (now Wolsley) and radio thermostats
A while back I replaced a Honeywell programmable radio thermostat with a "look alike" with the aid of this NG. As posted previously, I might be helping to add stuff to a central heating system...
9
9

Dowel 90mm diameter needed
I'm doing some work for a charity mending the fence outside their premises. It's made of turned, shaped uprights, some of which have rotted. I need some timber that's round in cross section and 90mm...
4
4

Hot Sale and Competitive Price Copper Wire Scrap 99%
Product Description Copper Wire Scrap 99.95% 1. Technical Data: Material: Quality brass wire Wire diameter: 0.1mm, 0.15mm, 0.20mm, 0.25mm, 0.30mm, etc. Weight/spool: 3 kg, 5 kg, 7 kg, 15 kg, 20kg...
3
3

TRVs - worth the expense?
Gearing up to help son with a bit of tidying if he gets to buy the house he is aiming for. Won't get serious until exchange of contracts. Survey repost says no TRVs. Doesn't mention presence/absence...
29
29

Vaillant 418 unnecesary purge cycle
Without actually getting as far as firing, my recently installed Vaillant 418 seems to occasionally do a quick purge cycle - the fan runs for a few seconds, then stops. The display shows there is no...
7
7