Dowel 90mm diameter needed

I'm doing some work for a charity mending the fence outside their premises.
It's made of turned, shaped uprights, some of which have rotted.
I need some timber that's round in cross section and 90mm in diameter to replace the rotten bits.
Anyone know where I could obtain some please?
Reply to
Murmansk
Most fence posts seem to be 75mm or 100mm but Googling for round fence posts 90mm and my location is bring up some possibilities. Maybe a similar search in your locality will too. If not, there's always eBay which seems to have some too.
Good luck,
Nick
Reply to
Nick Odell
Anywhere that sells 'turned' or round fence posts, they'll cost you three or four pounds each I would guess, depends on the length of course.
Where are you? I know my local (Suffolk) suppliers because I use quite a few of these.
Reply to
Chris Green
Help if you said how long they need to be. :-)

This seems to be more or less what you are after.
Cheers
Dave R
Reply to
David
Thanks for those responses
In the end I found a supplier of hardwood dowels which I think it what I need rather than softwood fence posts

Their 76mm size will do me and a couple of 350mm lengths is more practical to post than a long fence post.
Reply to
Murmansk

Site Timeline Threads