Fixing Cistern to the Wall

I've come to fix my close coupled toilet to the wall but realised (rookie error) the boxed in bit where the waste pipe runs prevents me from attaching to the wall. Big gap almost 4 inches between cistern & wall. Any ideas?
On 17/05/2018 23:44, Dave Tomlinson wrote:

Two choices really, cut a section out of the boxing (and possibly use a different WC connector) to allow the pan to go closer to the wall. Or, box out the space behind the cistern - perhaps making a feature of it - shelf on top etc.
--
Cheers,

John.
Would one (or both in combination) of these get you closer? Assume the waste goes out of the floor?
https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-sp100-swan-neck-pan-connector-white/87212
https://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-macfit-mac-4-wc-20mm-offset-pan-connector-white-90-112mm/36108
A more radical thing would obviously to adjust the pipe under the floor. Maybe with a flex waste but I am personally not keen on those but might solve your problems .
https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-sp106-flexible-connector-white-110mm/17529
Put stereo speakers in it for entertainment? Brian
--
----- -

Put some pressure sensors on the seat, and if they are activated for longer than a few minutes, start playing this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PycvJqUyEs

(youtube, but the visuals are unimportant).
--
Jón Fairbairn snipped-for-privacy@cl.cam.ac.uk
http://www.chaos.org.uk/~jf/Stuff-I-dont-want.html (updated 2014-04-05)

Presumably only for chamber music.
GH
On 17/05/18 23:44, Dave Tomlinson wrote:

couple of 2x4 battens, hang the cistern off those, make a feature as someone else said with a shelf or box in.
On 18/05/2018 08:42, Tim Watts wrote:

Which is what I did. Easy to do and looks pretty good when it's tiled to match the walls.