my cistern keeps dripping into the toilet pan

My toilet Cistern keeps dripping into the Toilet Pan slowly how can i resolve this

Reply to
king007

My toilet Cistern keeps dripping into the Toilet Pan slowly how can i resolve this

Dripping into the pan is unusual, unless it's arranged so that the overflow goes into the pan, which is also unusual, but not unknown. Is this a close coupled type, or is there a pipe from cistern to pan? And is the water level correct in the cistern, or is it overfilling?

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Most toilet cisterns now have internal overflows into the pan. It sounds like its overflowing. Lower the water level or raise the overflow as appropriate - correct water level should be marked inside cistern.

If its not that, the seal between the cistern & pan is failing.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Or if it's got a flapper valve rather than a syphon, they can fail to shut properly.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Before that - if it's overflowing it's most likely something in the ball valve. Which is probably one of those new fangled little things that can't take a grain of sand.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

I bet it's the type with a divided button on the top of the lid, pressing p art of which gives you a big flush and the other gives a you a small flush. If you pick up the lid and replace it it may well reseat the internal part of the external buttons with the internal flush mechanism and all will be well.

Reply to
cryptogram

I've had this with a Bathstore cistern as their stuff is poor quality. It's case of taking the mechanism out and trying to figure out what's causing t he problem. In my case I think I'm going to do what I should have done in t he first place and buy a Geberit or similar high quality cistern.

Reply to
office