Toilet flush problem

Not that old Dual flush toilet.

After flushing it continues to dribble water into the pan such that the cistern doesn't fill.

A second push of the button generally cures it.

Any ideas how to resolve this please?

mark

Reply to
mark

Remove flush valve. Inspect. See nothing wrong. Shake it about a bit. Rinse. Reinstall.

It'll now work for a couple more years.

THEN, remove flush valve. Inspect. See nothing wrong. Shake it about a bit. Rinse. Reinstall.

It remains faulty.

Order new valve.

New valve arrives.

Old valve now works perfectly again.

This is how it works for me at least. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Put spare valve in a secure place that you'll never forget. Wait for old valve to fail again order new valve as you've forgotten about the spare one repeat.

Reply to
bert

The rubber washer valve thing on my Wirquin valve had a blister on it.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I guess that the desire for simpler installation, without the need for an overflow, must have had something to do with it.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

I doubt it. The overflow changes could just as easily been incorporated into traditional syphons. Not saying it doesn't make life easier, but for years overflowing into the pan was forbidden by regulation.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Tim+ wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal- september.org:

The overflow pipe even got called a "Warning Pipe" and had to be external to cause annoyance to make you fix it.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Modern traditional siphons all have internal overflows.

Reply to
David Lang

Which was a great idea.

Reply to
David Lang

If it is the dual push button type, i cured a similar fault by dribbling liquid soap into the aperture around the buttons.

Ash Burton

Ash Burton wrote in news:mpptrs$ivu$1 @adenine.netfront.net:

Likely to corrode the cables. If the buttons are sticking then that is a different issue.

As well as checking that the rubber diaphragm is in good order, have you checked that the cistern is not leaking directly into the flushing cavity due to the cistern not being well seated and sealed to th ebowl - or even the bolts not being sealed properly?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I wonder if the EU has ever mandated anything that originated in the UK?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Human rights!

Reply to