Discovering the Best Quality Double Glazed Windows: A Step-by-Step Guide for Homeowners (2023 Update)

Not a DIY question but how does one know which double glazing companies windows are the best? For some reason the previous owner of our flat did not get the side window of the bedroom or the kitchen windows done along with the rest. Once when getting quotes for a previous house I went to a factory who made and fitted them. I was asked if I was going to stay long in that house. When I asked why he said that he could supply cheap ones that would look OK to buyer but not have the life of his better ones. Martin

Reply to
Martin

Assessing Double Glazed Windows Quality:

  1. Check the certifications: Look for companies that have been certified by the British Fenestration Rating Council (BFRC), which rates windows on energy efficiency, heat loss, and solar gain.
  2. Research material quality: Research the quality of the materials used by different companies, such as the type of glass and the frame material, to determine which are the most durable and energy efficient.
  3. Look for guarantees: Check for long-term guarantees offered by the company for their products, which usually reflect the quality of the windows and the confidence the company has in them.
  4. Request references: Request references from past customers and ask about their experiences with the company, including the quality of the installation and the performance of the windows over time.
  5. Check company reputation: Research the company's reputation through online reviews and ratings, as well as their Better Business Bureau rating, to see what others have said about their products and services.
  6. Compare quotes: Obtain quotes from several companies and compare the prices, specifications, and guarantees to determine which company offers the best value for your investment.
Reply to
HomeOwnersHub Advisor