Subject Author Posted Replies

OT:Hermes
I bought something on Ebay this evening and have finally convinced the seller to use Royal Mail - at extra cost to myself - rather than the dreaded Hermes or Yodel. (depending on where you live...
1
1

TV oddity
OK, its a now old Samsung analogue / digi plasma TV, but recently it has developed an oddity... Press Info and it shows the information for the previous program, rather than the current one. It is...
11
11

Boiler controls
OK so you can prioritise hot water with a simple diverter valve but don't jump in with a Heatmiser UH4 set up! The R. Cott. heating system now works but wasted 2 days of electrician time. Detail...
10
10

OT: Old Channel 4 dare program?
Does anyone remember the name of the Channel 4 program on about 15 years= ago where they paid =A3100 cash to random members of the public to do d= aring stuff? (Like swallowing spiders, having slime...
38
38

Using Firestone EPDM pond liner for flat garage roof.
Has anyone done this ?. Local garden centre sells it, so easier to purchase but they don't sell the adhesive that you need to make lap joints. I would also need something to finish the top of the...
7
7

Where to position smoke / CO alarm
Hi All My boiler is in the garage and because my daughter's bedroom is above the g arage, I want to fit a carbon monoxide/ smoke alarm in the garage to ensure the boilers are ok. Challenge is that...
29
29

So, these new MOTs ..
Couple of points caught my eye ... 1) Dangerously failed cars cannot be driven away (seems fair). So is there a storage charge ? What if a test station simply runs out of room after stacking a few...
141
141

Solved - removing wires from Molex connectors
Yeah drinking straws were one of the things I tried. Unfortunately they wer e too big and easily buckled. Also tried ball point pen refills, staples pu shed down the side, cut up milk bottle, the...
6
6

And another wiki thing...
The "math" module is still mostly borked - it relies on an external site to do some of the work and that seems to be not working most of the time now. Historically its been a massive PITA to get...
4
4

DIY Wiki - Now easier to use
For anyone who had been put off creating or updating articles on the wiki by the need to understand the wiki markup language, fear no more! Its now has the Visual Editor installed and running. This...
4
4

Side exit loos
I have an old Twycross side exit toilet pedestal which seems to have developed a hair-line crack somewhere in the bend. I'm *almost* sure there leak isn't coming from the cistern or its flow or return...
7
7

Replacing lean-too roof material
Some dozen years back my good wife had a mid life crisis and bought a Mk1 M azda Mx5. I was obliged to quit the garage for this wee monster so that it could comply with the insurance company's...
9
9

Longer bath pop-up cable
Hi All Rather than have a tap above the bath I have fitted a combined bath filler/ tap thing. Trouble is that I couldn't find one which also has the ability to do the pop-up waste. My plan is to move...
9
9

Fitting shower valve in 3" stud wall
Or a lot of araldite and hope you never need to get at it! Brian
10
10

Fixing gate to concrete post
Sounds difficult. It depends on how heavy and big your gates are but these MIGHT be of some use if it's a very light gate?...
3
3