Side exit loos

I have an old Twycross side exit toilet pedestal which seems to have developed a hair-line crack somewhere in the bend. I'm *almost* sure there leak isn't coming from the cistern or its flow or return pipes, or from the outlet coupling.

The centre line of the outlet is more or less directly under the seat hinge holes. Google is not being very helpful, many of the items found seem to have a conventional back outlet together with an elbow, which means the outlet pipe is likely to be too close to the wall for my existing pipe (which runs into a bath end-panel, the centre line is 30 cm from the wall. Many of the pedestals thrown up by google give overall dimensions, but not the crucial dimension of the height or position of a side outlet. Fine if you are plumbing one in from scratch, not much help if you are trying to source a direct replacement.

Any suggestions? Especially for products where I can look up a drawing first. I guess I might go for close coupled this time.

Reply to
newshound

Twycross? ITYM Twyfords. Never heard of Twycross sanitaryware. Twyfords were incorporated into Caradon Bathrooms several decades ago. Might be worth contacting these people if you can't get any joy from Caradon

Chris Hogg

For those with a side exit arse I assume.

Reply to
Max Demian

aka colostomy?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Yes of course. I actually went to check before sending the email, but by the time I'd powered up the PC and logged in I had forgotten again.

Thanks for the other info and link!

Reply to
newshound

Some sort of tracer dye in the bowl for instance.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Colostomy ?

Reply to
Andrew

Indeed, it is on my list of jobs. It is only a very small leak. I have a bottle of fountain pen ink somewhere!

Reply to
newshound