Subject Author Posted Replies

Night storage radiators
We have 4 night storage radiators in our flat. Ihave disconnected one of them and disposed of it. None of the other ones now work. Any advice please
9
9

TOT TV adverts
I'm not feeling too well so a Saturday watching crap on TV Why are Morrisons advertising items that are at least 20% cheaper elsewhere, including my in local (usually expensive) Tesco and Sainsbury's...
48
48

OT: IPTV advice
Hi, The TV aerial gave up the ghost in the UK and I am in the process of getting broaband in Eire. Allthough the Irish place is almost exclusively LG smart TV's, I have nothing "smart" here unless a...
8
8

1 gang push switch dimmer for LEDs
Quick question - any recommended dimmer for a 3 LED light bar (3 * 7W GU10)? Push switch, 1 gang, white is fine. If I'm going to fit it I need to source it tomorrow so the usual suspects such as...
4
4

Gluing cross-braces of a Windsor chair back into the legs
I have a wooden chair with four legs that fit into the seat, with front and back legs on each side held from splaying out by a fore-and-aft cross-brace; those two braces are themselves joined by a...
14
14

Thermostat wiring advice needed.
Having just bought a Salus programmable wireless central heating room thermostat I'm a little confused by the connections to the system. I would like to simply mount the receiver unit where the old...
15
15

Highlighting engraving
Hi all I have had a small "gold" plate engraved as part of a cheap trophy I bought. The engraving is small and doesn't really stand out. Is there a way of "highlighting" the letters? I guess I am...
7
7

Plaster second skim coat days later?
IME it may not stick. So, Wet down first coat with diluted PVA Mix in PVA with second coat
9
9

Programmable room thermostat
This particular one was supplied by Polypipe and is the old (push button) version of their PRTIUM1. I am trying to use it for a bathroom with the sensor wall mounted. Setting functions all appear to...
1
1

Dishwasher & washing machine cleaners
Are dishwasher & washing machine cleaning mixtures useful or beneficial if you have soft water? Also, I saw a twin pack of them in Aldi a few weeks ago --- one bottle of each --- but the ingredients...
27
27

Machine lid/panel
I'm bastardising a machine at work*. Done away with much of the innards (it was 110v 3 phase) and rewiring and replacing the solenoid pneumatic clamps with hand operated ones. I've 6 to do and thought...
13
13

OT: this is somewhat intersting and hotrses mouth.
Dear Sir Graham, *She Just Doesn?t Listen* I am writing to ask for a vote of no confidence in Theresa May as Prime Minister and Leader of the Conservative Party. This is something I thought I would...

Ultimate unboxing ?
he's putting on weight !
12
12

OT - PC / Battery back-up question
HI Folks PC question - but, if possible, I'll be DIY-ing the repair.. At one time - the mains supply out here was a bit flaky, so I installed a 2nd-hand APC 1500 Smart-UPS. Since then, it's had two...
34
34

printable transfers
I need to print panel layouts on a laser printer and then fix them onto aluminium panels, presumably by ironing them on. Does anyone know of a product that will do this? Bill
13
13