Plaster second skim coat days later?

Most youtube videos show plaster being applied in 2 coats, with a second skim coat when its half dry.
Can the second skim coat be applied a few days later ?
I've a big ceiling to do tomorrow and might get tired and clumsy after lifting up the first coat.
george
On 16/11/2018 21:14, George Miles wrote:

I've tended to do the one coat.
You should use the same amount of plaster overall whether one coat or two. 2 x 1.5mm vs 1 x 3mm.
The first coat is more to cover and the second applied after it has gone stiff but before it had hardened. The first need not be polished, unlike the second coat.
On 16/11/18 21:14, George Miles wrote:

Not really - the way it works is to blend into the 1st coat IME
--
Email does not work

On Friday, 16 November 2018 21:14:55 UTC, George Miles wrote:

IME it may not stick. So, Wet down first coat with diluted PVA Mix in PVA with second coat
On 17/11/2018 06:56, harry wrote:

A plasterer I know, where putting a skim onto old plaster, would paint PVA onto the old and coat when still tacky.

Not hear of that.
On 17/11/2018 06:56, harry wrote:

When I've had to do this I've always left the first coat with a thoroughly keyed surface by scoring the surface after it has started to go hard. Before the second coat paint with PVA, leave for a short while for it to start getting to the really sticky state, and then applying a second coat of plaster. If the PVA has dried out before you get to start plastering apply another coat.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

With a friend we did 2 plaster coats in 9 hours, the ceiling about 5 meters by 5 meters (8 sawn off plasterboards) 3 and a half bags of multifinish, 5 mixes.
I'm a bit too tired to try and dampen it and polish it tonight, I would probably do more damage than good, so will sand and fill it in a few days.
Thanks for the advice and encouragement, I now know how much plastering I can do in a day, roughly 2 hours per 4x8 plasterboard, a bit longer with final polishing (which would save time from sanding and patching!)