Should I put PVA on the first scratch coat of plaster before second layer

Hi all,

I did not have time to put a second coat of plaster undercoat (Thistle browning) on the first whilst this was going off and have had to leave the plaster overnight. Some sections are still quite damp and others are drying out (there were different backgrounds I plastered over) but I now need to put on a second coat.

As I have left the first coat to dry a little, should I put a coat of PVA (4:1?) over the surface before I put the second scratch coat on, or will it be sufficient to damp the surface of the plaster down with water?

Many thanks

Swin

Reply to
swinster

Just PVA it immediatly before plastering as it helps reduce suction of applying the final coat.

Reply to
George