Night storage radiators

We have 4 night storage radiators in our flat. Ihave disconnected one of them and disposed of it. None of the other ones now work. Any advice please
On 18/11/2018 02:44, Daver wrote:

Don't mess.
Bill
On 18/11/2018 02:44, Daver wrote:

Two likely scenarios spring to mind. Either they were wired on a single radial circuit, and in disconnecting the first you have also managed to disconnect the power feed to the remaining heaters. Alternatively, the work you did caused a short circuit, or earth fault which meant a fuse, MCB, or RCD was tripped next time the power was applied to the circuit.
--
Cheers,

John.
On 18/11/2018 02:44, Daver wrote:

How do you wish to heat the flat? If there is a gas supply you might be able to have gas central heating.
On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 02:44:02 GMT, Daver wrote:

How long have you waited to ascertain if the others no longer work?
--
Cheers
Dave.
On 18/11/2018 02:44, Daver wrote:

Call an electrician.
Unless you can convince us you're safe to work on this stuff.
Andy
On Sunday, 18 November 2018 21:20:03 UTC, Vir Campestris wrote:

He hasn't yet told us whether they're receiving a supply or the fault is with the supply. So it's not as if we can offer much useful info.
Lurking somewhere in the background is the thought what if he has the world's only system whereby all the control is in the master unit, which has now been disposed of :)
NT

It's home owners club. They don't seem to read any replies. ;-)
--
*Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?

On Sunday, 18 November 2018 22:52:22 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Not that unlikely - Dimplex did/do panel heaters where a programmer in one controlled the others by pilot wire or mains-borne signalling.
Owain

Perhaps all the storage heaters were networked and the software in the controller is now in an endless loop looking for its missing unit before continuing to switch the others back on? :)
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk