Night storage radiators

We have 4 night storage radiators in our flat. Ihave disconnected one of them and disposed of it. None of the other ones now work. Any advice please

Reply to
Daver

Don't mess.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Two likely scenarios spring to mind. Either they were wired on a single radial circuit, and in disconnecting the first you have also managed to disconnect the power feed to the remaining heaters. Alternatively, the work you did caused a short circuit, or earth fault which meant a fuse, MCB, or RCD was tripped next time the power was applied to the circuit.

Reply to
John Rumm

How do you wish to heat the flat? If there is a gas supply you might be able to have gas central heating.

Reply to
Michael Chare

How long have you waited to ascertain if the others no longer work?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Call an electrician.

Unless you can convince us you're safe to work on this stuff.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

He hasn't yet told us whether they're receiving a supply or the fault is with the supply. So it's not as if we can offer much useful info.

Lurking somewhere in the background is the thought what if he has the world's only system whereby all the control is in the master unit, which has now been disposed of :)

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

It's home owners club. They don't seem to read any replies. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not that unlikely - Dimplex did/do panel heaters where a programmer in one controlled the others by pilot wire or mains-borne signalling.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Perhaps all the storage heaters were networked and the software in the controller is now in an endless loop looking for its missing unit before continuing to switch the others back on? :)

Reply to
alan_m