printable transfers

I need to print panel layouts on a laser printer and then fix them onto aluminium panels, presumably by ironing them on. Does anyone know of a product that will do this?
Bill
On Friday, 16 November 2018 05:02:29 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:

https://www.photopaperdirect.com/categories/Transfer-Paper/?gclid IaIQobChMIscvc5KPY3gIVbZPtCh0OIQKmEAAYBiAAEgJz1fD_BwE
On 16/11/2018 05:02, Bill Wright wrote:

Print in reverse onto transparent film, then use spray adhesive. That way the markings are protected.
Cheers
--
Clive

On Friday, 16 November 2018 09:12:02 UTC, Clive Arthur wrote:

you have to be careful of transparent film as most laser printers can't take it as they melt. You can get laserwriter compatable stuff. We've had a few people do it and the roller needs replacing. I use an inkjet for such things.

On 16/11/2018 11:37, whisky-dave wrote:

Good point, and I've seen it done. Luckily it was the boss who did it.
Cheers
--
Clive

On 16/11/2018 12:04, Clive Arthur wrote:

Inkjet ink fades like a bitch. Laser does not. Get a large compatible product.
its shoes.
On Friday, 16 November 2018 12:35:43 UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

nto

? That

d it.

That depends on the paper and the ink.
injet printers tend to have better resolution and colour too. Which might not be important for labels. But then again transparncy film is normally low resolution.

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 03:37:52 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave

I print in reverse onto laser-grade film which can then be stuck on to a flat surface. Maybe using that meltable tape used for sticking fabric together with a hot iron. If you can accept a crap finish, laser print in reverse on ordinary paper then iron it on - the toner melts onto to the surface.
--
Dave W

The problem I see though is that the surface of untreated Ally is an oxide and nothing tends to stick to it very well. Most of the panels that I used to inspect were anodised then screen printed. Brian
--
----- --

Look at 'waterslide decal paper' on Amazon.
Theo
On 16/11/2018 05:02, Bill Wright wrote:

Hmm. I have used both peel and stck vinyl and water slides for this for my aeromodellinmg
Never ironed anything on.
The pro way is silk screeen and anodising or silscrreen and ink.
twenty-first century’s developed world went into hysterical panic over a

Have you looked at the photo etch process onto anodised ally? Gives superb durable results - although the colours available are more limited that with a printer.
You can either make the original panel like this or use a thinner one as a skin, and glue over the original.
--
*If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?

On Friday, November 16, 2018 at 1:57:26 PM UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I did a quick repair on a iron on edge on a drawing table. Not having done it before I put a piece of paper between the iron and the edge. The toner text lifted near perfect onto the edge of the table.
On 16/11/2018 05:02, Bill Wright wrote:

One option is to print with a laser printer onto Press-n-Peel paper and acid etch the aluminium.
SteveW