Machine lid/panel

Ah! :-)

Reply to
Jim K

I'm bastardising a machine at work*. Done away with much of the innards (it was 110v 3 phase) and rewiring and replacing the solenoid pneumatic clamps with hand operated ones.

I've 6 to do and thought it would be nice to get them sandblasted and recoated, and would also like to do away with the tatty lid/panel and replace it with something new that I can drill and put my own knobs and timer on etc.

Are such things readily available? Or is it more likely they'd have to be made?

*One of these if anyone is vaguely interested.
R D S

are what things available?

Reply to
tabbypurr

How about a sheet of aluminium to cover the whole area in question then drill/cut/punch for your replacement panel items. Anodized perhaps if you want it pretty.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

A bit like this,

For smoothing and polishing the back of a lens.

Reply to
R D S

Why the hell am I watching videos of what we do all day? (Up to about 10 mins in at least, beyond that it's higher tech than us.)

Reply to
R D S

Imagine you've a machine the size and shape of a washing machine, you want to fit a hinged lid onto it, something akin to a big thick washing up bowl that you can drill into and mount knobs on.

I wonder if such things are stocked anywhere.

Reply to
R D S

Well,most washing bowls are plastic so if you are happy with that material then looking at things like lids to storage boxes or even shallow storage boxes themselves may be a source I made an enclosure for some electrical components to be used outside from one of the Really Useful Box range and though officially they are splash resistant rather than totally waterproof there has been no ingress in 4 years of use. There are also various plant troughs, grow bag trays ,seed trays available in various sizes In garden centres and similar places. ?Plastic? of course can be high quality that lasts intact for years even outside in the light to stuff that weakens and disintegrates in months so if going down that road you need to choose accordingly.

GH

Reply to
Marland

right.

What things? Lids, hinges, washing up bowls, drills, knobs? Plonk.

Reply to
tabbypurr

I imagine it is not uncommon for a small manufacturer of niche equipment to make a run of say, 10 units.

Half of the stuff I see inside the machinery I use and indeed most of the control gear I can get from RS components.

There must be somewhere you can buy an effing lid.

Reply to
R D S

Decent idea, I might trim it with flight case stuff.

Reply to
R D S

Whassat then?

Reply to