Subject Author Posted Replies

Today I had my first experience with rubber
... self-amalgamating tape :-) mending the inspection lamp where the flex had worn, I had to cut it open and glue it back together. Things just aren't made to be repaired these days. It started...
15
15

Washing machine door seal repair
The cylindrical part of the door seal on my Samsung washing machine is punctured. I need a quick fix while we wait for the replacement, but I don't know what particular plastic it is. To source a...
9
9

Funny belt question
If a belt is listed as 126" outer and 124" inner and you cut it ,why is it the same length inner and outer . :)
14
14

Removing ''hard water" stains from brick work.
We live in an area with especially hard water and had an issue with a toilet overflow- fixed some time back. However, it left some stains on the wall. I had hoped they would fade but they hadn't....
7
7

Looking for old HomeEasy kit
I know that many are embracing the 21st century with rollouts of voice-controlled home automation etc and so I was wondering if anyone has any old HomeEasy kit available to sell? I am specifically...

Phone sockets to patch panel
Hi All, I have run cat 6 cables to all rooms in my house all terminated in a comms cupboard. The BT master socket is in another room and again a cat 6 cable is run from it to the comms cupboard...
27
27

Re: bloody dishwasher design
Throw the cover away? Or get a d/w with a cutlery shelf, like our new Bosch. It's a bit of a faff to load but does mean that the whole of the bottom layer is dedicated to plates etc.
19
19

Hall Marks
Hi All, I have a prayer book which has a silver cross on the front which I believe belonged to my grandma (whose name was Hall 11::^*>>)) I?ve uploaded the hallmark here anyone tell me what they...
8
8

DPD again.
But good this time. Ish. Bought an electronic item new off Ebay from a German company last Friday. They provided a tracking number for DPD on 'my Ebay' and an estimated delivery date of 25th April -...
16
16

remote control for 3 phase machine
Any reommendations ?
9
9

Router broadband settings?
Got a new (to me ) router, as recommended on here got a Draytek 2860, hoping for a much better experience. I spent 36 mins on hold at Clearbusiness though, to get the account settings to put in it,...
9
9

Polishing blemishes out of spectacle lenses
The prescription specs which I use for computer-based activities have a scuff mark about the size a finger-print from a little finger on one of the (plastic) lenses. Whilst I could buy a new lens for...
24
24

Mono Stereo
Pass Not very. On FM, yes.
71
71

Notre Dame
The cathedral has flying buttresses, presumably to take the outward forces from the roof tending to push out the walls. With the roof gone - why aren't the buttresses pushing the walls inwards?
34
34

PVC door wont open / unlock
Its a door that is rarely used so not urgent. Tried to unlock it and key would only turn about a quarter then jam. tried all sorts of jiggling and a bit of force....no joy. Next I tried snapping the...
31
31