Washing machine door seal repair

Sticks like s*1t or other ms polymer adhesive - Toolsatan, screwfux et al.

Clean both sides of the punctire, degrease with meths. Apply adhesive to both sides and cover an inch say around the puncture onto "good" seal.

Could outlast the machine! :-)

Reply to
Jim K..

The cylindrical part of the door seal on my Samsung washing machine is punctured. I need a quick fix while we wait for the replacement, but I don't know what particular plastic it is. To source a patch I have a local wetsuit shop, a local bicycle repair shop, gaffer tape and (non fabric)duct tape. Suggestions please.

Reply to
Mike

it will be synthetoc rubber - neoprene - so a camping or diving shop seems best

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Burn it!

(Google "burn test plastic". Once you know what it is, you can get the right adhesive...)

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Can you turn it around so the puncture is at the top?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Long ago I had a front loader with a big hole in the top of the tub at the back. It never leaked noticeably.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I think I'd try the puncture repair first on the back side so to speak. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Agreed. I'd also try and refit it so the (repaired) hole is at the top. The last one I replaced (in fact, I think the both the ones I've replaced) would fit any way up, or alignment- it was just the retaining wire (which went on later) which had a particular right way.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Some of them have an internal drain hole at the bottom.

Reply to
Bob Eager

To prevent buildup of scum & mould. Livewithoutable if you must, just wipe it clean on occasion.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr