Removing ''hard water" stains from brick work.

Oxalic acid? Patio magic et al have it in or "deck restorer".

Reply to
Jim K..

We live in an area with especially hard water and had an issue with a toilet overflow- fixed some time back. However, it left some stains on the wall. I had hoped they would fade but they hadn't. Scrubbing and power washing hasn't helped.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

Reply to
Brian Reay

Viakal?

Reply to
GB

brick/Patio acid = HCl

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

+1
Reply to
Chris Hogg

Brian Reay explained on 18/04/2019 :

Ketchup I was once told, would remove it.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

it's limescale, use acid

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Or match the colour and paint them out? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff