Subject Author Posted Replies

Transferring money from France to England on the cheap??.
In article >, scribeth thus All dun 'n dusted thanks. Transferwise is the one shes gone for and all's well:) Thanks to all who responded plus those by e-mail too!.
23
23

Slightly OT: How do I access c:\Users\Current user\Start menu?
I'm trying to find file associated with a shortcut in the Start menu with a view of replacing the crippled Calculator application with the old one shipped with Windows 7. Any ideas?
6
6

Identify object
Found this in the drum of my washing machine. Before I bin it can anyone identify , just in case I need it for something. Its 35 mm long.
18
18

Under sink heaters - recommendations
Don't unless you have no other choice. We have them in our village hall. Tedious to install properly, need a vent to the outside and possibly a pressure reducer, non-return valve and expansion tank to...
21
21

Solar panel controller - all the same? Recommendations?
A long time ago I bought a flexible solar panel (the type you stick on boats or strap to the boom). Just to play with. It is a Uni-Solar 5W(!) panel. I soon found that you have to have something to...
31
31

Why do Screwfix want my mobile number so badly?
The screwfix website really wants my mobile number when I place an order: phone number is a required field on the order page, and SMS is the only way to receive notification when the order is ready...
26
26

Small water pump powered by hand drill
The normal failure mode is that the rotor, which is like a series of paddles and flexible goes hard over time and thus will not grip the normally splined or similar shaft. I think only a new pump will...
11
11

SWA junction box
I need to join two lengths of 4mm armoured cable - above ground - in fact I'll need three junction boxes in total. I know I can get this sort of thing - - but this is a favour for someone else and I...
16
16

Lightning Maps
heard the rumbles, saw the flashes in the distance and as I was at home, thought to take a look at the above site. Odd watching the flashes through the window and seeing them appear on the map just...
11
11

Outlook 2019 - Cleanup
Last month, Outlook threw a wobbly, in that it somehow downloaded a second duplicate copy of every single email still stored on Plusnet's mail server. Thousands of them, how I just don't know. For...
3
3

wireless alarms
Does anyone have any experience of the kits that seem to be on the market these days? Bill
4
4

UK Govt trying to buy bankrupt One-web
that London-based Inmarsat (ISAT) was allowed to be bought by a US private equity company just over a year ago. Previously known as the International Maritime Organisation. Bought by yet another...
8
8

Security exception problem
When I try almost anything with thunderbird I get a Security exception problem message. It has only started happening today. The only way to get rid of it is constantly pressing Exit. Any ideas as to...
3
3

Lightning (again) and DIY
So how do they decide where lightening is? After all propagation of radio signals at different frequencies varies with the time of day. Brian
8
8

OT Mystery object
Spotted this on a walk yesterday. Apart from the obvious, any ideas what it is for? Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never...
29
29