Identify object

He said it came up as "hammers" when he tried.....

Reply to
Jimk

Strikes me you could have googled for your own image first & saved all the effort...

Reply to
Jimk

If you've never had one how do you know what one looks like?

Reply to
Jimk

Found this in the drum of my washing machine. Before I bin it can anyone identify , just in case I need it for something. Its 35 mm long.

ss

The wire suggests something electrical, perhaps a contact from inside a plug or socket?

Reply to
newshound

piezo igniter

Reply to
Richard

+1
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It certainly looks like a piezo igniter part, although we have never had an igniter so how that ended up in the washing machine drum is a mystery.

Reply to
ss

ss brought next idea :

It's a spark ignitor, from a lighter.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

It looks like the door switch. Does your washing machine still work and does the door still lock when washing?

Reply to
Dave W

According to my wife ..yes, but I better check that tomorrow just in case.

Reply to
ss

+2
Reply to
F Murtz

If I must explain.... Previous posters identified it and I then googled for images to compare!

Reply to
ss

I did and it came up with mainly images of hammers, when posters named the item I could then google by name then images.

So by searching google first then not finding it and having then to work from posters advice I actually created more effort than if I had just asked in here to start with.

You could also have saved yourself any effort by keeping out of this thread as your comments are non contributary to the original post.

If my methods do not suit you then I see no need to continue with this conversation.

Reply to
ss

Look like the ones used in piezo lighters, i.e. the butane kind.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Easy way to check ... hold the end of the white wire while clicking-in the black end.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I didnt hold the white wire but it did spark when I pressed it. :-) Still dont understand where the heck it came from though, with never having owned one.

Reply to
ss

Google picture search suggests its a "used Volkswagen Scirocco rear bumper" (LOL)

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Looks like a piezo electric sparker form a cooker etc to me. Perhaps a child/teenager aquired it. Great for zapping mates on the back of their neck etc.

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk