Subject Author Posted Replies

TOT Experian
If you sign up, at £14-99 a month, for the Experian report does your credit rating improve? If you cancel after the 30 day free trial does the score go down? My CC company offers me free access to my...
34
34

Plasterboarding a wall
I've spent a couple of days removing manky old lath and plaster, rewiring and replumbing. My daughter was going to get a man in to plasterboard the wall and build a new door frame for a new back door...
35
35

Riverside Cottage 5
One for the structural engineers... The architect has specified manufactured dormer trusses. When I asked him to supply a drawing for the manufacturers, showing the two studwork partition walls which...
11
11

Using insulation panels uncovered: fire, smell and other issues
I am thinking of making some insulating panels wrapped in fabric which I can mount between the joists of a glass roof extension just with velcro or pegs or plastic strips or something, so exposed to...
6
6

Latching DC power plug?
I'm looking for a latching power plug with strain relief, bit like these, to be able to push back into a small ceiling void to connect LED tape-strip lighting: Rating 24VDC @ 5A would be sufficient,...
17
17

Remote controlled oscillating stand fan
I want to buy another fan like my stand/pedestal fan which has been discontinued. On my fan the remote control can be used to switch the oscillate function on or off. I can't find any stand fans on...
20
20

Ariston 30 Genus - no flame, no pressure
The lights on my boiler say no flame and there is no pressure. I can do the pressure but never had to do the flame, so my question if I press 'R' does it restart the flame and pressurise or do I...
1
1

Insect screens
Anyone know if someone in the UK sells this kind of thing; For a similar (sensible) price? (ca. $10) All the places I can find in the UK seem to want £30 or £40 for the same thing. I bought 20 or so...
20
20

Stuck Euro Profile securing screw
I am having difficulty removing the posidrive screw that holds a Euro Profile cylinder in place. The end of the screw is starting to become damaged. Anyone had a similar experience? What would be the...
25
25

Old phone chargers
I have a couple of old Nokia phone chargers do they go into the bin or is it possible to plug them into a toy that operates on a couple of batteries. if so, how do i go abot connecting them? I have...
51
51

Table top update
Update of the table top, I am quite pleased with how it has turned out so far considering I hadnt a clue what I was doing. The (bed) slats are just laying on top for the moment and will need proper...
8
8

UPVC windows into existing timber frames?
Just had a quote from Shaw's Brighton for three upvc windows to replace ail ing timber sash windows in my terrace house. About £550 each for whole window, about £450 for fitting two opening sashes...
20
20

Old radio controlled clock
In the loft/come shack I spotted a radio controlled clock I had bought maybe a decade before - so I thought slap some batteries in and try it. I think it was an Aldi/Lidl purchase, most likely...
20
20

DIY self install Aircon?
Anyone ever done one of these at all, the wall mount split system ones? Be interested to know of what experiences anyone has had. Cheers...
4
4

Simple wireless window-open detector
We've got a couple or three windows that we've got a bad habit of opening, forgetting about, and then going out. I'm looking for a simple system consisting of a sensor on the offending windows, which...
38
38