Subject Author Posted Replies

Fridge in-line water filter
Compression fittings can be finicky at times. The slip on fittings shown on the filter actually work very well. I used it on copper. At work we used them on plastic lines and had probably 1500+ of...
11
11

OverHead Door model 455
Most large capacitors are not made to very close specifications. So the 36-43 MFD should be fine. You did not mention what kind of opener you have as far as the operation type. Chain, screw or some...
4
4

Daddiooooh!
Thank you! :-)
11
11

ADA outdoor handrail material
I have an outdoor handicap ramp with a wooden handrail which just broke. What are your thoughts on what material to replace it with? PT wood, composite, metal?
7
7

Pressure switch
*I just put in a new pump and tank all is working but my pressure switch won't shut off*
2
2

Color printers secretly printed serial number & date onto Reality Winner's PDF
Secretly printed serial number & date outed Reality Winner's PDF "The situation is similar to how Vice outed the location of John McAfee, by publishing JPEG photographs of him with the EXIF GPS...
7
7

Mostly OT but some nasties can happen in the home
http://twentytwowords.com/pictures-that-will-make-you-say-well-that-sucks/

Outlets per circuit ?
While not specifically required, it is recommended that lighting and power outlets be on separate circuits in a room. The exception to this is a swit ched outlet for a table lamp. The reasoning is...
51
51

OSB ok for concrete forms?
The OP is going to buy a bunch of 2x8's to support the 1/4" forms. ;-)
8
8

Kohler K3100 Repair Kit
Anyone know if there is a substitute for the no longer produced Kohler K3100 fill valve repair kit? (For the old float ball fill valves.) Or should I just give in and replace the fill valve with one...
3
3

OT FYI, comapsss works again
I didnt' drive my car for 3 months and the Toyota battery cable terminal failed, and the rear-view mirror compass didn't work when I drove it again (even though the t hermometer in it continued to say...
3
3

OT: For the Britts here who don't see the need for building codes
And who tell us how much smarter the UK is when it comes to such issues: laze/ "The cause of the fire is so far unknown, but residents had previously rais ed concerns that a 'catastrophic' event could...
1
1

Fuel question
Should be just fine. They avoid methanol because it can harm some small engines.
7
7

Patio door lube?
Bearings? You are making the assumption his sliding door even has bearings. I suspect many doors, out there, are as cheap as mine. No bearings and the wheel adj blocks are shot (stripped threads in...
7
7

The Italian Palace
Family near swim club that I've known for years: Solar installed 7 years ago followed by geothermal heating. Talked to father today as someone had seen solar panels removed, new roof and panels...
2
2