Kohler K3100 Repair Kit

Anyone know if there is a substitute for the no longer produced Kohler K3100 fill valve repair kit? (For the old float ball fill valves.)

Or should I just give in and replace the fill valve with one of the modern "universal" ones?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

I'd just replace it. They only cost under $10. I'd get one of the new water saver ones that prevent most cases of water running. If the flapper valve leaks, the fill valve won't turn on to keep refilling it. It's one fill per handle activation. They also have adjustable volume for the line that goes in to fill the bowl, so you don't use more water there then needed.

Brass Rat 78 here, BTW

Reply to
trader_4

I would just replace it for the cost. I just did tht about 6 months ago on an old one I had.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Give the Fluidmaster brand replacement a try, they are a piece of cake to install, work very well and last a very long time.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman