Subject Author Posted Replies

Grenfell Tower cause
The cause was a simple fire that should have been easy to contain and stop. We often complain about regulations, but they would have saved lives here. Looks like most of the world does not allow...
18
18

Ping: Stormin' Norman
I would be happy to answer your questions about the shade sail but somehow I lost your post after I read it. My newsreader doesn't allow for retrieving already read posts. Could you please repost it?...
17
17

One less thing
That I need to do . Today I picked up a slightly used 2.5 gallon point of use water heater , and got it installed under the house right below the kitchen sink . The sink/dishwasher are far enough from...
6
6

Can a chimney be cleaned from the top only?
My fireplace has an insert in it that fills the entire fireplace with heavy plate steel. No way to get at the flue. Can this chimney be cleaned without removing the insert? -dan z-
4
4

intermittant leak at water heater
Kenmore gas water heater installed 1/10/17. No dents or obvious external damage to the tank. Everything worked fine for 5 months. Leaked last night. Steady drip, say one half gallon per minute,...
5
5

Pool pump
We have had around 4 inches of rain over last 12-13 hours on top of a bunch over the last couple of months. Today my pool pump has decided to trip the ground fault breaker. When the pump is off,...
2
2

OT - motorcycle inventory Davidson goes to heaven
An inventor of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle, Arthur Davidson, died and went to heaven. At the pearly gates, St. Peter told Arthur, "Since you've been such a good man and your motorcycles have...
1
1

OT: Stupid bar stools!
Yesterday, I stumped a toe on the stool in the kitchen. I didn't really hit it that hard, but it hurt so much I thought I was going to cry. I babied it a while, and it finally quit hurting. A couple...
18
18

OT How to see only entire cars on Ebay motors? Not parts or accessories.
I want a certain make and model within a range of years, and I get thousands of accessories and parts, when all I want to see is complete cars, you know, that I can drive. How do I see only cars? I...
12
12

OT: Looking for an active automotive group.
I?m looking for an active automotive group or blog to get a recomme ndation on a good UV resistant car cover. Any help would be appreciated. Th ank you.
3
3

continuous cleaning oven
In the 70's (gold stoves and appliances were popular) my parents remodeled their kitchen and purchased Kenmore appliances. The oven was a continuous cleaning type and it worked Wonderfully. In fact my...
7
7

Foxconn plans U.S. display making plant for over $10 billion, scouting for location
news: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 19:35:24 GMT Is it possible for you to post more than a single x? I appreciate the full quoting, but, why not add something to the post that's far more useful?
2
2

Shade Sails - Personal Experiences
Looking for anyone in the group who has personal (first hand) experience with purchasing and installing shade sails. I wish to cover the concrete driveway area outside of the six car garage and...
9
9

water ledge for garage door sill
i've tried now a few times to get this to stick to the concrete, but it doesn't. i've even roughed up the surface a bit. using mortar mix. is there something i can add to the mix that will help it...
7
7

OT Sears Canada
.. not sure how Sears is doing in the USA - but the once proud retailer has been going downhill for several years here in Canada. Stock trading halted this morning. John T.