Tub spout removal

I am trying to remove my tub spout, it?s turning, but will not come off. I need some suggestions as I?m trying to be able to take a shower at ease

Reply to
Arae94

A sawzall with a fine-tooth blade should work.

Or you could get a hydraulic jack and jack-it off.

Reply to
bubbles

replying to Arae94, Iggy wrote: There are only 2 tub-spout types I'm actually familiar with. 1 simply unscrews right off (the oldest and unbeaten best) and the other has a set-screw at the bottom, which must be removed for the spout to slide-off.

There is a 3rd and quite failed method that is considered a Quick-Connect, it's pushed-on and as bubbles says it must be stupidly cut off...as I simply don't know of any Shark-Bite like releaser. If you aren't equipped for sweating-on a new tub-spout pipe, then you should call-in a Plumber to handle the entire situation.

Reply to
Iggy