Subject Author Posted Replies

Capcha has gone berserk.
Capcha has gone berserk. Just now it said, "Select animals that in reality way more than others" and I could barely see what each thing was. But I think one was a sloth, so I passed. Yesterday it had...
10
10

Recorded calls - - penalty?
I think I'm in big trouble. This morning I got a call from a telemarketer and he told me I could have my ducts cleaned for $99 and they would do the dryer vent for FREE. He had all the information,...
15
15

How can Sharkbite valves and connectors rotate without leaking?
How can Sharkbite valves and connectors rotate without leaking? That seems impossible. Espeically consider a toilet valve with the output on the side. How can it be waterproofedly connected to the...
3
3

Trying to replace water pressure regulator
Trying to replace water pressure regulator First, the copper pipes are 7/8" OD. That's 3/4" pipe, right? Second, if I can buy the exact same regulator, even though this one failed on me, it would fit...
15
15

Thinking of an electric lawn mower & weed wacker
I'm kind of getting sick of repairing gasoline mowers and weed wackers. Is the technology (particularly the power) of the electric mowers & weed wackers yet up to what is needed to mow tall grass that...
13
13

Old gas & how does a lawn mower generate spark & do timing?
Took apart the pull mechanism of my single-cylinder Craftsman push lawn mower today since it hasn't been used in a year and it wouldn't start in one pull and the recoil spring mechanism was not...
10
10

Here's Why New York Just Banned Electric Vehicles (and Your State is Next)
Exactly! And once you find a charging station, then you have to find a charger that works.
45
45

How can you buy something on Amazon with privacy?
Is there a way to buy something from Amazon with privacy? There are two kinds of privacy I guess that would be nice. 1. Address privacy 2. Credit card privacy I don't think there's any way to get...
9
9

Thermal expansion
Talking about plumbing with my friend, found out she has an expansion tank on her water system, but since she uses a well, what is the point? Are they afraid she'll contaminate the well, the aquifer...
18
18

Building a rolling planter
liked that one! I explained how to turn that design using 4ft x 8ft PT 3/4 inch plywood into 3 6ft x 16inch with 6wheels then remaining 2ft x 4ft section can make 8 12inch square ones. She has a large...
5
5

Where is my water?
Why don't I have water. I noticed last night that I had no water, and eventually I tried 2 toilets, the bathroom and kitchen sink. No water. I assumed the water was turned off for the n'hood**, but I...
24
24

OT Should I buy rip-off supplements for a friend of mine
A moral, philosophical question. That I bring to you because you are my moral advisors. I have an 82-year old friend, who lives alone, and has no computer, and very little money. She wants me to order...
12
12

OT The Birds
OT Have any of you watched the movie "The Birds" from 1963, produced by Alfred Hitchcock? I suspect most of you have. But if we were a little older, we could have heard a radio drama from 10 years...
1
1

How can I get a set of belts for this older vacuum?
I need a drive belt for an old montgomery ward vacuum by eureka Model sp8807b but Eureka tells me they're no longer offered for sale. How can I get a set of belts for this older vacuum?
4
4

Florida people and those who drive in Florida!
On April 13, I wrote SunPass: Dear Sunpass, I'm sure it's unintentional, but even though I returned my rental car, removed and destroyed my SunPass Mini, you are still charging my cc weeks later....
9
9