How can you buy something on Amazon with privacy?

Is there a way to buy something from Amazon with privacy?

There are two kinds of privacy I guess that would be nice.

  1. Address privacy
  2. Credit card privacy

I don't think there's any way to get address privacy without shipping it to the wrong address (like setting up a POBox or sending it to a friend), but is there a way to get credit card privacy with Amazon?

Reply to
Gunther F

Buy a Visa or MC gift card to pay with.

Reply to
Ed P

How much "privacy" do you currently enjoy with your Amazon account ? ie : Did you use all fake info when you created it ? John T.

Reply to
hubops

He could have it shipped to Whole Foods and he can pick it up there.

Does make me wonder what he's buying. I wasn't aware you could get bomb-making supplies from Amazon.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Amazon has pickup locations all over the place, so I suppose you could pick up your order from one of those. For added privacy, stay in your car and send a kid inside. I live in a relative backwater and there are at least two dozen pickup locations within about 4 miles of my house.

In addition to gift cards, perhaps a virtual (one-time use) credit card would help you to evade the authorities.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

I don't know about no-name no-id credit cards but you can ship to a pickup as stated above, which isn't only whole foods but also 7-11 & a variety of grocery stores.

Ship to a Pickup Location

You type in your location into the "ulp" locator & it gives locations.
Not every biohazard or explosive device ordered will be eligible though.

Items shipped or returned to an Amazon Pick-up Location need to meet certain guidelines.

Amazon Pick-up Location Eligibility

david

This does not seem very private To pick up your order at the location you selected during checkout, you'll need to present your order number as well as a government-issued photo ID. The name on the Amazon account needs to match the name on the photo ID.

Reply to
Ed P

Thanks, Ed. Like david, I also suggested using a pickup location. I didn't know about the ID requirement.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

On Sat, 27 Apr 2024 22:24:04 -0400, Ed P snipped-for-privacy@snet.xxx wrote

It's confusing. This says only some things need the government ID to match the Amazon Account name. So it's dependent on what the contraband is.

To pick up your order at the location you selected during checkout, the pick up person needs to present the order number as well as a government-issued photo ID.

Note: For Best Buy orders, only the account holder can pick up the order, as the name on the Amazon account needs to match the name on the government-issued photo ID.

You must collect your order within five calendar days. If you don't collect your package within this time, we'll cancel your order and give you a refund.

Reply to
Oliver

I call myserlf Micky here, but my parents put John Doe on my birth certificate. They said it would come in handy later. My parents both had to testify before HUAC, but they didn't want to so we all fled to Bulgaria, where I lived until it was time for college. Then I came back here but my parents continued to run factory making army uniforms for various countries around the world. Sometimes they make uniforms that looked official but sold them to private parties. In return they got

10% of all the assets siezed. So they were able to pay my college tuition and I didn't have any school debt. I used a different name in school and when I applied for jobs. i can't tell you what it is.

Anhow when I buy things I use my legal name, John Doe. My parents were so smart.

Reply to
micky