Grizzly Tools on Amazon

Is it just me or can everyone not find any Grizzly tools (specifically the g1023sl) on Amazon.com? I found 2, and they were each priced at $5,000,000.00. That's no typo on my part, they were each showing 5 million. There has to be something up. I was looking because they are having a deal until near the end of the month where you get $150 off any power tool over $750. Seemed like a good time to make the purchase, and now I can't find it!

Reply to
lance

Give 1-800-201-7575 a call to report it.

Dave

Reply to
David

"Applies only to products sold by Amazon.com January 25 to 29, 2006. Does not apply to products sold on our site by third-party merchants or through third-party areas such as Amazon.com Marketplace, Auctions, or zShops."

Grizzly is a third-party merchant. If you want to switch to a comparable Delta, Jet, or Powermatic you can get the $150 discount, but the discount still puts them at a higher price than the Grizzly.

Reply to
someone

When I saw the promotion, I immediately went to the grizzly stuff on amazon thinking it too good to be true. As it turns out, it was. :-) I compared the dj-20 to the new parallelogram dj-20 copy at griz. Even with the discounts and free shipping, the griz was still a better deal with shipping. If you ask me, that's disgusting. Makes me wonder what delta's markup is on these machines now that they're all made in china. They off-shored everything to "remain competative" but I don't see their prices dropping any. Maybe now the delta kit will come down because of grizzly. I doubt it though.

I ended up with the 31-300 belt/disk sander because with the discounts, it was a better deal than the griz equivalent believe it or not. I'm also sort of long-term in the market for the delta 12" turret radial arm saw. That would have been a good deal this time around since griz doesn't make a RAS.

I also tried to work out a way to get a sliding compound miter saw. Unfortunately neither delta nor porter cable (that was a rule on one of my coupons) have a 12" SCMS. They have 10 inchers, but their 12s are not sliders. I passed this time. I really want the bosch or the makita.

A new jointer is #1 on my list at the moment, but I couldn't make that work either unless it was a 6" model. I'm really after the new 10" from griz.

So since I don't have any sanding machines at all, I opted for the

31-300. Everyone says it's indespensisble. And I'm already looking foward to sanding dovetailed drawers with it.

If you're in the market for a drill press, I bet you could make it a better deal than griz.

brian

Reply to
brianlanning

What are these coupons?

Reply to
Toller

$ 150 off $ 5,000,000 is hardly worth writing home about.

lance wrote:

Reply to
Mike Berger

Regardless, Amazon's discount only applies to purchases FROM Amazon, not THROUGH Amazon, as would be the case with the purchase of a Grizzly tool.

Mike Berger wrote:

Reply to
chuck

There's the current one on the website. But amazon mailed out a catalog a week or two ago with codes on the back by the address label. It was good for and additional $100 off any delta or porter cable tool. There was also a coupon code for free shipping (the good 3-5 day shipping not the normal free shipping). Amazon said the normal shipping would be something like $180. I ended up with $50 off for the sale you can see on amazon, and another $100 from the code that was on the catalog I got. So it went from $749 to $599 with free shipping.

I really thought about one of the large porter cable compressors also. I have plans for hvlp and sand blasting. But I think I would have used the sander more for now.

If you head over to woodnet, there's a huge thread on this right now. There are also people handing out their one-use codes from their catalogs if they don't plan to use them. You might be able to snag one from someone.

brian

Reply to
brianlanning

Perhaps, but your savings are a bit more significant on the new Unisaw/Toaster/Steam-Iron combo tool. Sorry, no VBG on this...I'd rather the brand died than have this happen to them. If General had better US distribution, they could clean up now...

Reply to
george

Must be you.

$950.00 (not $5,000,000)

Reply to
Saudade

Grizzly pulled their tools from Amazon temporarily due to some sort of computer system problems.

Why would anyone buy Grizzly through Amazon anyhow? None of the Amazon discounts ever apply to Grizzly tools.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Until someone pointed it out, I wasn't aware the discount didn't apply to the Grizzly tools...thus my post. I see that they are back up now though. When I do order, I'll likely order through Grizzly. Does anyone know of any option when ordering where they will help you unload it too?

Reply to
mikehawk

Generally, when the truck firm calls, you tell them you need a lift-gate truck and help. They might laugh at the help.

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg