Capcha has gone berserk.

Capcha has gone berserk. Just now it said, "Select animals that in reality way more than others" and I could barely see what each thing was. But I think one was a sloth, so I passed.

Yesterday it had , "pick the thing that grows" with disguised pictures of various things.

Reply to
micky

micky snipped-for-privacy@fmguy.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I had a similar experience yesterday with the Verizon site. Not only were the images unclear but many had details that were so small, even on my computer, I was unable to see the desired items to select. After several rounds I was finally able to prove I'm not a robot. As a famous commedian once quipped (commenting on captchas) "Why make this so diffiecult? If someone else is trying to pay my bill, Why don't you let them?" I want to say it was Jackie Chan, but can't find the exact quote.

Reply to
David LaRue

way more what than others? Did you mean "weigh" or did it really say "way".

Reply to
Retirednoguilt

This is why I much prefer doing web based activities on my desktop computer with a 24" monitor. If you're using the screen on the typical smart phone, try changing the web browser's app setting to desktop view. Sometimes it makes things worse but sometimes it makes it easier to see what's giving you trouble.

Reply to
Retirednoguilt

I was using a computer with a pretty big screen in my first paragraph at the top. They made it hard to tell what things were, on purpose.

Yes, I meant "weigh", but it's interesting how spelling is less important to me when I have words in my head and I'm typing them. it's happened before.

Reply to
micky

PITA with local paper. My eyes are not that good but it looks like it bothers others.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Sorry to be a stickler. It's a reflex habit I've been unable to break. I spent too many years at a desk trying to decipher the meaning of a tremendous variety of paperwork written by alleged professionals for which I was final review. Many of them, despite their degrees and training couldn't write their way out of a paper bag. I never put my signature on anything that I found ambiguous or otherwise deficient because my signature provided official, legal approval. I also authored numerous revisions of official government regulations and instructions at bureaucratic levels varying from presidential cabinet offices down to

4th tier in the chain of command at DoD. After I retired, I volunteer-taught ESOL for about a decade. I've been told by many that I should have been a lawyer but I've learned that lawyers love ambiguity; it allows them to argue in favor of either side of an issue.
Reply to
Retirednoguilt

Ironic that these days, people have to prove to a machine that they are not robots.

I fear this is an early warning sign that Skynet is becoming self-aware...

Reply to
Colour Sergeant Bourne

Those web pages are programmed by people. For now.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Maybe yes, maybe no...

Reply to