Subject Author Posted Replies

DON'T TRUST CBHvac
he can't even make his pc clock work right. must be a shirt tail cousin of the north carolina breezer wheezer..
7
7

What is duct telling?
I bought 30 years old house. This house was build for 65 years old lady and she lived here rest of her life. Since trustee was holding title I got pretty good deal to buy. Then, I had to discover...
4
4

Drywall fasteners....screws or nails?
Are screws that much better than nails for attaching drywall? A DeWalt screwgun costs 70,80, 0r 100 bucks at home depot, and a drywall hammer costs around 18 or 27 bucks, depending on the model. If I...
15
15

need new dryer -- have long flue
Hi All, It is getting time to get a new (gas) dryer. Anyone have a suggestion for a large capacity unit that is 1) reliable, and 2) has a strong blower, capable of overcoming the airflow resistance of...
4
4

Garbage disposal mold/mildew odor
Anyone have a great way to fix a moldy garbage disposal? A while back we put cantaloupe inerds down the disposal. Since that time I've read that you should never put any stringy vegetables into a...
9
9

Gas vs. Electric Dryer
We are buying a new construction townhouse. Installing a gas line to the laundry area will be $100. A gas dryer cost $53 more than the same model in electric. I have seen headlines saying gas prices...
115
115

Leaking pipe joint.
I have very high water pressure at my house and am having a hard time getting a complete seal on the water connections of my new roman tub filler. I had to use a couple of brass adapters to go from a...
5
5

Toro / Briggs&Stratton Stuck Oil Filler Cap
I have a brand new (less than 2 hours use) Toro Super Recycler lawn mower with a stuck oil filler cap. This model 20038 has a Briggs & Stratton 6.75 OHV engine and this is supposed to be Toro's...
11
11

Sears Garage Door Opener, Remote Keypad Problem
I recently installed two Sears openers on my garage doors. They came with remote keypads (wireless) that I mounted outside. To open the doors with the keypads one must push the 4-key code followed by...
7
7

Any advancements in vinyl tile removal?
Starting work on our first home. Removed the carpet today, only to find vinyl tile in a majority of the house. We do know that underneath the vinyl is a nice, salvagable pine floor. I have read about...

Cabinets, Let the buyer beware
One of the biggest remodel jobs that many of us face is the kitchen remodel. I am paying more for new kitchen cabinets than my two cars COMBINED!!! I chose to go the Home Depot / Lowes route for the...
19
19

Existing Heating Ducts - Replacement
Hi, I currently have a forced hot air system in my home with a small maze of output & return vents in the basement. Since the oil heating unit still works (at 80% efficency mind you), when I go to...
1
1

Mildew on roof shindles
I have what appears to be mildew on the roof shingles of my home. Any ideas on how to remove this ? Thanks in advance......
19
19

Need Amanda Dryer Comment
Hi All, It is getting time to replace my dryer. I have been looking at the Amana ALG866SBW with the stainless steel drum. I like all the features, except one: Consumer's Report ranks them only...
2
2

How to use the Porter Cable drywall sander?
I am about to sand a basement using the PC sander (with vaccum). I will rent it for maybe a day. If you have used this unit what tips can you give, what mistakes to not make? If this works out I could...
2
2