Subject Author Posted Replies

Roof top
I've gained quite a bit of information from lurking on this group and other spots on the web, and finally started to tackle our roof. Spent the last two days ripping off the previous two layers and...
3
3

Kitchen counter
We have one of those kitchen counters with what looks like a laminate top stuck onto some wood. Part of it was damaged a few months ago and I went to HD and Lowes to ask about getting a replacement...
4
4

adjusting refrigerator door
I have an Amana fridge door that has worn down the $2.25 piece of plastic that sits above the lower door hinge. To replace this piece, I've been told to loosen up the top hinge but not the bottom...
2
2

jackhammer damage and basement waterproofing?
My unfinished basement currently floods after heavy rainfall, even after paying a professional waterproofing contractor $4200. Since I have I life time guarantee, they said they may need to create a...
2
2

Soundproofing ceiling of basement
I have a window of opportunity coming up to reinforce the floor of my kitchen and dining room. What I plan to do is to remove the sheetrock on the ceiling of the basement below, and double up each of...
3
3

Icemaker Question
Greetings, I have an icemaker in my freezer that's not working. I need some troubleshooting help. Here's what I know. I have replaced the water valve. I do not think the valve is getting power. I took...
5
5

tension on a chainsaw's chain
I recently got a Craftsman chainsaw. The starting instructions on the the saw tell you to adjust the tension on the chain before starting. The saw didnt come with a manual so I dont know how tight the...
7
7

breaker tripping
Hi James! JP> We had a bad storm here a week ago. I came home to find a breaker that JP> controls the family room was tripped. I reset the breaker only to have JP> it trip 2 hours later. I unplugged...

Banister loose
Hello, I am buying a new house and the banister is loose at the bottom of the stairs. I was told the is a dow pin underneath the stairs & maybe I could jack it up to get to it. The house is on a slab...
8
8

deck floor
Hi there, I have an uncovered deck which is about 20'x8'. It has a painted plywood floor over top of the joists, but the plywood is rotten and needs replacement. What kind of vinyl flooring is...
1
1

[SOLVED] Hooking BBQ to Gas Stub
I already have a natural gas stub on the back of my house and I am about to buy a natural gas BBQ. The stub as a metal cap that is screwed onto the stub right now. Is it a simple process to remove...
10
10

30"Sears mower---mtd blade?
Hi Folks: I`ve got a 12 year old Craftsman 30" Rider.I found a stack(8) of Walmart closeout 30" MTD blades for $1.00 question---problem is how to I convert the mounting on the deck shaft to accept the...
3
3

Software to help with color choosing -- can't remember where it was
HGTV had an add for some paint manufactorer that had software to help in choosing a color for a room. You scan-in a picture of your room and put it in the software. Then you choose colors and see how...
11
11

Grout dried on tumbled marble HELP!
Hi There, I just finished my first tile job and am really thrilled with the way that it came out. Except there are a few areas that I guess that I just didn't clean enough and now there are spots of...
3
3

Old, old cast iron sink -- keep or toss?
OK, this may be more a decorating question, but I'm curious as to what the opinion here is regarding my dilemma: I am rehabbing a two-unit apartment building that has kitchen sinks dating to the early...
2
2